Alpine/Kenwood options

In Car Entertainment, Sat-Nav, Mobile Phones, Media players etc., whats hot, and whats not!

Moderator: Moderators

Roo
1.6 8v

Alpine/Kenwood options

Post by Roo »

I have a Kenwood kdc w7031 head unit available and the intention was to put this in my 406 but recently, I have been given an alpine unit TDA-7952R which came with the steering wheel interface control box KCE-870B

My question is, which to install, the Alpine unit is already in my other car but if the steering wheel control interface is right for my car then I would buy another Alpine. (i've become quite used to using it!)
Is there such a thing as a Kenwood steering wheel control interface?
I presume the original stereo is ISO connectors so wouldn't present any problems when connecting a new head unit?
waue1978
HDi don't believe it!

Re: Alpine/Kenwood options

Post by waue1978 »

I have seen Kenwood control interfaces, but these things depend on whether the head unit itself has a remote capability. 99% of the time, if the head unit has a little socket in the back for a remote, there's an interface to link it up with the controls that'll be in the car.

As far as the ISO blocks go, they are the same, but you'll have to swap one of the live feeds over. Can't remember exactly, but do remember it wasn't just a case of swapping the permanent live with the ignition live. Have a feeling it may have been that the ignition live from the stereo end needed to be swapped over with the illumination feed. A couple of minutes with an electrical tester & the wiring plug in front of you & you should be able to sort it out - I managed & I'm hopeless with most things.
2000/X Peugeot 406 110 HDi LX Family 93k to 2000/W BMW 530D SE Auto 84k to 2003/03 Peugeot Partner Hdi Escapade 98k to 2003/53 Vauxhall Zafira DTi Elegance 74k