Peugeot 406 Radio Questions

In Car Entertainment, Sat-Nav, Mobile Phones, Media players etc., whats hot, and whats not!

Moderator: Moderators

fruitnveg

Peugeot 406 Radio Questions

Post by fruitnveg »

Hello all,

I just came into possession of a 2000 Peugeot 406 and I've got a few questions about the audio system:

1) It currently has a Clarion PU-1633A fitted - does this have the same ISO connector the PU-2417A? If so, does it have the same signals carried on each pin?

2) Is the PU-1633A in swappable with other PU radios? They all seem to be designated RD3 in some places - I understand that VIN coding is necessary as will be a fascia plate.

Also, this 406 has a similar external screen that the 307 has for the radio if that makes any difference.

Many thanks.
FarmerPug
2.0 HDI 110

Re: Peugeot 406 Radio Questions

Post by FarmerPug »

has your car got a jbl amp in the boot? if it does changing radio makes a difference.
VIN coding is necessary if you put a different radio in, that costs about £30, but i think the PP2000 can do it, if you know anyone with one.
fruitnveg

Post by fruitnveg »

Forgot to reply to this - found out that it does have ISO connector and same pinout, I've not got the JBL amp so all is well.

Thanks for your reply!
FarmerPug
2.0 HDI 110

Post by FarmerPug »

yup stick any radio in it and it should work fine. vin decoding is necessary if its from another 406 but not if you got a new aftermarket radio.
martint
2.2 16v

Post by martint »

not really-i'm having a right old time with the aftermarket radio im instaqlling into my D9
its permenant live is weird! switches off bout a minute after the keys' removed from ignition! please dont reply with "you need to swap your red & yellows around").
seemingly some are a right pain when adding another radio.Im not the first or last person with this problem.think i have to run a wire from the battery with an inline fuse tomorrow.
lozz
3.0 24v

Post by lozz »

martint wrote:not really-i'm having a right old time with the aftermarket radio im instaqlling into my D9
its permenant live is weird! switches off bout a minute after the keys' removed from ignition! please dont reply with "you need to swap your red & yellows around").
seemingly some are a right pain when adding another radio.Im not the first or last person with this problem.think i have to run a wire from the battery with an inline fuse tomorrow.
yup iagree mate,
just run a wire straight from battery,

its less hastle :roll: