replacing standard radio/cd

In Car Entertainment, Sat-Nav, Mobile Phones, Media players etc., whats hot, and whats not!

Moderator: Moderators

chili
2.0 16v

replacing standard radio/cd

Post by chili »

have to wait a week before i get my 406 however am looking ahead and want to know how easy it is to change the standard radio for one of my own and is there any wiring harness'es that allow you to still use the stalk on the steering coloum. also where is the best place to get a face plate for the new said radio.

thanks
mjb
Site Admin

Re: replacing standard radio/cd

Post by mjb »

chili wrote:have to wait a week before i get my 406 however am looking ahead and want to know how easy it is to change the standard radio for one of my own and is there any wiring harness'es that allow you to still use the stalk on the steering coloum. also where is the best place to get a face plate for the new said radio.
My JVC stereo came with the required connector adaptor to get it working. You can get the faceplates from Halfords for about ?12 iirc. I did have some trouble however getting it in as the centre console isn't that deep which ended up in a liberal application of brute force :)
chili
2.0 16v

Post by chili »

which model jvc was it buddy and you can still use the satlk on the steering coloum
mjb
Site Admin

Post by mjb »

KD-LH811 - chose it a couple of years ago because it had the clearest display for an mp3 capable player so you can easily see what track's playing (track name/artist) without having to wait for things to scroll or try to decypher strange fonts :)

You can get stalk adaptors for about ?25 but I've not bothered