Clarion HU fault

In Car Entertainment, Sat-Nav, Mobile Phones, Media players etc., whats hot, and whats not!

Moderator: Moderators

me69

Re: Clarion HU fault

Post by me69 »

i have the exact same problem with my hu.... if u unplug the speakers and plug back in.. it works find... minute u turn ignition off and back on.. no sound... did you ever sort this problem....
supervarmint

Post by supervarmint »

bit of a bump....

I have similar problem with my HU, car is 2002 HDI90 GLX with the clarion RM2 system (clarion HU & cassette player, clarion 6CD changer, Harman speakers and no JBL amp)

The problem is this...

The radio has always popped at odd times, but last week it threw a wobbly and went pop bigtime :(

The MFD still shows the radio station preset name and number, aerial is ok as it will scan through the frequencies, all the buttons on both the HU and the stalk work perfectly and do what they should.

The CD player works fine and will play through the speakers.
The cassette deck works fine and will play through the speakers
...but the radio remains silent!!!!

I've had the HU out, waggled all the leads, disconnected all plugs and reconnected. All connections fine, Thought the problem might be at the other end... Looked in the boot for the JBL amp...which wasn't there :| Checked all the obvious earth points for corrosion, by the battery box, under carpet in boot etc, but all seemed ok.

Any information gratefully received please

Simon
It might be small, but I can push like a D6
highlander
PowerFlow Shill

Post by highlander »

The head units fail, owing to dry solder. You could pull the HU out, take it to bits, and resolder it - or you could order a replacement unit from eBay (just ensure it is VIN coded to your car, or you'll get a lovely repeating beep over the top of your audio)
2002 (D9) Peugeot 406 Coupe SE, 2.2 litre Petrol. Scarlet Red/Rouge Ecarlate/Rosso Scarlatto. Black Leather interior. SOLD :(
2008 (E60 LCI) BMW 525i M-Sport, 3.0 litre Petrol. Carbonschwarz Metallic. Black Dakota Leather and Myrtlewood interior.