Give the Mondeo a clean...

Whether you're just washing the car, into detailing in a big way or enhancing your 406, collect and share hints and tips here.

Moderator: Moderators

DaiRees
Site Admin

Re: Give the Mondeo a clean...

Post by DaiRees »

I've got 2 of them (long story!), if you'd like to come 'round and fully polish both cars by way of "practising", I might let you take one away at a discounted rate :wink:
Playtime_Fontayne wrote:"Dai Rees Supplier of Fine Automobilia. Established 2007"
Doggy
Mod with a 2.2 HDi, De-Fapped!

Post by Doggy »

Two Volvos?
Two bonnets?
:?
2002 HDi 2.2 Exec Estate, (2008-12) (wonderful)
2003 HDi 2.2 6-speed Exec Estate (2012-19) (also a gem)
2009 Citroen C5 2.0 HDi VTR+ Estate (godawful heap)
2008 BMW E91 330i touring (great fun - murdered by a reversing SUV)
2007 BMW E91 325i touring (slower smoother quieter)
DaiRees
Site Admin

Post by DaiRees »

I've got two hats :supafrisk:

Two of those polishing machine thingamyjigs old chap :cheesy: Had one years ago for a present, had another given to me by a friend of the family who bought it and never used it. That reminds me, I need to buy some more of the clothy bits for them....
Playtime_Fontayne wrote:"Dai Rees Supplier of Fine Automobilia. Established 2007"
DaiRees
Site Admin

Post by DaiRees »

View from the office window...

Mmmmm, nice wax!
GingerMagic
3.0 24v

Post by GingerMagic »

That would have been a nice view, if some old man hadn't parked a Fordvo in the way...... :cheesy:
2003 2.2hdi estate - mine
1998 Volvo 940 auto estate - also mine
2019 Citroen C3 something - the wife's
PP2000 user, can help with faults / diagnostics in the Bournemouth area.
Welly
The moderator formally known as Welton

Post by Welly »

GingerMagic wrote:That would have been a nice view, if some old man hadn't parked a Fordvo in the way...... :cheesy:
A "view" would just be nice from my sh1t hole of an office. That place over the road there, is that Merthyr's new Teeth-Whitening Clinic? I've heard great things about it.
Cars in my care:
2021 Kia Spottage 1.6 Pez Turbo Dual Clutch Gearbox Trickery
2013 Renner Twingo - donkey work
Bailes1992

Post by Bailes1992 »

Actually looks well that Dai! We still haven't had the detailing day we always go on about!

Bad news though. Super resin polish is an all in one product which contains paint cleaners, a very very light abrasive, some fillers and a slight sealant. Meguiars gold class is also an all in one product that contains cleaners, fillers and a slight sealent. The Meguiars gold class would have just stripped the super resin polish straight off!
2020 BMW 520d MSport Touring My Daily
2017 Dacia Logan MCV 1.5DCi Laureate Wifes
1996 Land Rover Defender 90 County SW 300TDi My Toy
2003 Ford Mondeo ST220 3.0 V6 My Other Toy
DaiRees
Site Admin

Post by DaiRees »

Bailes1992 wrote:Bad news though. Super resin polish is an all in one product which contains paint cleaners, a very very light abrasive, some fillers and a slight sealant. Meguiars gold class is also an all in one product that contains cleaners, fillers and a slight sealent. The Meguiars gold class would have just stripped the super resin polish straight off!
Well that's entirely your fault for swanning off around Europe when I needed your advice :roll: :lol:
DaiRees
Site Admin

Post by DaiRees »

Welly wrote:
GingerMagic wrote:That place over the road there, is that Merthyr's new Teeth-Whitening Clinic? I've heard great things about it.
Actually that's a pub / eatery. It's all about location, location, location :cheesy:
Bailes1992

Post by Bailes1992 »

DaiRees wrote:
Bailes1992 wrote:Bad news though. Super resin polish is an all in one product which contains paint cleaners, a very very light abrasive, some fillers and a slight sealant. Meguiars gold class is also an all in one product that contains cleaners, fillers and a slight sealent. The Meguiars gold class would have just stripped the super resin polish straight off!
Well that's entirely your fault for swanning off around Europe when I needed your advice :roll: :lol:
When spring comes back around we will have to have a Saturday or a Sunday on the cars! Or both? :lol:
2020 BMW 520d MSport Touring My Daily
2017 Dacia Logan MCV 1.5DCi Laureate Wifes
1996 Land Rover Defender 90 County SW 300TDi My Toy
2003 Ford Mondeo ST220 3.0 V6 My Other Toy