Electrical diagram - RHY

Talk about the 406's electrical system, what wires do what, how to add extra functionality, etc.

Moderator: Moderators

AndreiNCS
1.8 16v

Electrical diagram - RHY

Post by AndreiNCS »

Hi all,

I'm facing the following issues
1. Rear defrost is not working. I'm pressing the the button, the display icon shows up for 2 seconds then it goes off.
2. The AC doesn't work. I press the button, the AC icon sows up but nothing is happening. If I put a wire directly from the the pin from the right fuse box to the battery, the AC compressor is working. So it's an electrical issue.
3. The oil temp doesn't work.
4. The outside temperature doesn't work.
5. The trip computer doesn't work.
6. The climate temperature is resetting every time I turn the car off. I turn off the ignition, the display is remaining on for 1-2 min and after if I turn on the ignition, the climate is again at 29 degrees no matter if turn it off at other temperature.
I've pasted an youtube link with 1st and 6th issues: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f2lVu4qNdfQ

Now my ask is next: does anyone have an electrical diagram of the entire car or any related documents. For example the outside temp... the wires, the components involved ( BSI, ECU, etc) , or the read defrost.... the wires, the fuse, the modules involved.
If yes, please let me know, I can paste my email if the document is to big to be attached here
The car is an 406 from 2002, RHY ( 90 HP ) , engine code DW10TD.

Thank you in advance!
WillNZ
2.0 16v

Re: Electrical diagram - RHY

Post by WillNZ »

Have a look under the carpet on the driver's (rhs) front. There are large connector plugs under there that can cause all sorts of electrical issues if they become wet and corrode. It unfortunately is very common on the 406. I have had to correct this on most of the many 406's I have owned over 20 years. I cut the plugs out and solder/heatshrink the wires together one by one being careful not to mix up connection as wire colours do not always match on either side of the plugs. Good luck... 😉
Serial 406hdi licker :cheesy:
AndreiNCS
1.8 16v

Re: Electrical diagram - RHY

Post by AndreiNCS »

WillNZ wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 10:07 pm Have a look under the carpet on the driver's (rhs) front. There are large connector plugs under there that can cause all sorts of electrical issues if they become wet and corrode. It unfortunately is very common on the 406. I have had to correct this on most of the many 406's I have owned over 20 years. I cut the plugs out and solder/heatshrink the wires together one by one being careful not to mix up connection as wire colours do not always match on either side of the plugs. Good luck... 😉
Hi WillNZ... sorry for the late reply. I have checked that connector under the carpet and everything looks fine there, no rust , no nothing... any other suggestions on what to search for? :shock: