Central locking

Talk about the 406's electrical system, what wires do what, how to add extra functionality, etc.

Moderator: Moderators

Robbie539

Central locking

Post by Robbie539 »

Hi, one of my friends owns a 406sw (X plate so 1999?) and is having issues with his central locking. All he wants is to get the doors open so that it will pass it’s mot, he doesn’t care about it locking
Now from what I can gather he had problems with all of the doors other than the drivers door, the doors literally wouldn’t open, other than the tailgate (which won’t close, let alone lock) the passenger door was opened by cutting out door card and cutting through the mechanism to get to the latch so now opens, the rear passenger doors seem to be deadlocked, the central locking activates (can be heard) when the “lock” button is pressed but I can’t hear a noise when the “open” is triggered. He has cut door card away and can see the mechanisms (both are different) one is white, one is black, as far as I can see there is no way of removing them without opening the door.
The question is, do any of you good people know how those mechanisms work so I can get his doors to open?
The original key has been lost and there is only the non button key left.
Many thanks
Robbie
GingerMagic
3.0 24v

Re: Central locking

Post by GingerMagic »

Hi, really sorry but I've only just seen your thread...

Did you get the car sorted?
2003 2.2hdi estate - mine
1998 Volvo 940 auto estate - also mine
2019 Citroen C3 something - the wife's
PP2000 user, can help with faults / diagnostics in the Bournemouth area.