HDi Diagnostics by Smartphone App

Talk about the 406's electrical system, what wires do what, how to add extra functionality, etc.

Moderator: Moderators

stagman

HDi Diagnostics by Smartphone App

Post by stagman »

I have been recently going through a living nightmare with my 2002 110 Hdi estate in that whilst trying to diagnose a fault I could not seem to find any workshop in my area that had a diagnostics machine that could talk to my car. Eventually, I found out what was wrong with the car and fixed it, but I had to do it all the old fashioned way of using logic, common sense, all mixed in with a bit of trial and error. Even though I am up and running again I would like to get a scanner so as to have it ready for the next time. What I have learned is that there are various BlueTooth devices available that you plug into the port on the dash and then read the car by way of a mobile phone after downloading an App. Has anyone on here managed to do this successfully, and if so, which device did you buy and which App did you use?

Thanks in advance.
frog
2.0 Turbo

Re: HDi Diagnostics by Smartphone App

Post by frog »

The best "app" is the "Peugeot Planet 2000" (PP2000) software, which runs on a PC or laptop under Windows (XP). You need a "Lexia cable" (google for it). Lots of members here have a (virtual) Windows XP installation with PP2000 on it.

At the time your 2002 110 Hdi estate was built (around 2002), things like "apps" and "smartphones" were not invented yet. To diagnose your old car, you have to go back in time and bring back to life that really old-school stuff. :wink:

The bluetooth dongles that are available are general purpose devices that can read some (standardized) data and diagnostics. But they usually fail to give enough (vehicle-specific) information. PP2000 is specially developed by PSA to read all Peugeot-specific data and diagnostic codes.

Recently I read about PSA-COM. I never used it yet but it looks promising. Is there anyone out there who has experience with it?
Current "fleet":
2003 406 Estate 2.0HDi 110 - 7 seater - just hit 690.000 kms :cheesy:
2001 Citroen Saxo 1.6i 8v 100

Previously owned:
2000 406 Sedan 2.0 HDi 90
2000 406 Coupé 2.0i 16v 138 - Riviera Blue

PP2000 user, can help with faults / diagnostics in the Netherlands.