Fuse box diagram

Talk about the 406's electrical system, what wires do what, how to add extra functionality, etc.

Moderator: Moderators

AndreiNCS
1.8 16v

Fuse box diagram

Post by AndreiNCS »

Hi guys,

Do you know if there is a fuse unde the hood ( the box between battery and acceleration module ) responsible for the climate display and info display(consumption, range, etc) ?
I'm asking because those 2 displays are turning on just by opening any door of the car, and they are turning off after few minutes ( 2 or 3 I think) , no matter if the I close the door or lock the car. But if I close the door and wait for them to turn off, after unlocking the car from the key or opening a door, will again turn on the displays( I forgot to mention that they are turning on with a slight closer light, not like the normal light when they were working fine). The climate controls are working fine, but on the above display I got no info about the range, temperature and so on, I only got the clock working. One more thing would be that the temperature setting are getting reset all the time after a turning off.
Back to the fuse box, the car was at a mecanic with other issue, but he said that the displays were working for a few ours after he accidentaly probably hit something in the fuse box, and I know he's right because at first my temp was always reseting at 22 C degrees and now it resets to 29 C degrees because he drove the car in a cold morning?
Any ideas?
Many thanks in advance!
P.S. It's an Peugeot 406 HDi (90HP - RHY )
steve_earwig
Location: Jastrebarsko, Croatia http://www.jastrebarsko.hr/lokacija/

Re: Fuse box diagram

Post by steve_earwig »

That sounds a lot like damp connectors under the driver's carpet - http://www.406oc.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f= ... zy#p107150

Some fuse diagrams here http://www.peugeotlogic.com/#fuses but I'm pretty sure all the dash stuff is in the cabin fuse panel.
Unskilled meddling sin©e 2007

The submitted form was invalid. Try submitting again.
Doggy
Mod with a 2.2 HDi, De-Fapped!

Post by Doggy »

+1 damp connectors are likely culprit.

I have heard of instances of the main MFD remaining lit up after locking the car, (had it myself once or twice). Can be because the radio/head unit doesn't get powered down, it goes into standby mode which normally looks like it's off but it doesn't truly shut down until the various ecu's go to sleep some minutes later. (Hence the procedure for disconnecting the battery in the KB).
2002 HDi 2.2 Exec Estate, (2008-12) (wonderful)
2003 HDi 2.2 6-speed Exec Estate (2012-19) (also a gem)
2009 Citroen C5 2.0 HDi VTR+ Estate (godawful heap)
2008 BMW E91 330i touring (great fun - murdered by a reversing SUV)
2007 BMW E91 325i touring (slower smoother quieter)
GingerMagic
3.0 24v

Post by GingerMagic »

+2 for wet footwell syndrome - it might feel dry on top but a reservoir underneath....
Just to add, if yours is a saloon model then it's possible you have a leaky rear light instead, which is getting the CD changer connection wet ( I think it's a blue plug tucked down the left side boot cubby hole..)

Lastly, try the BSI reset - it's just a way of getting the creature comforts back in communication if there are any issues, not always a solution but it's free to try.
There is a guide on how to do this in the Knowledge Base on the home page.
2003 2.2hdi estate - mine
1998 Volvo 940 auto estate - also mine
2019 Citroen C3 something - the wife's
PP2000 user, can help with faults / diagnostics in the Bournemouth area.
AndreiNCS
1.8 16v

Post by AndreiNCS »

Hi and thanks for your answers, but unfortunately it's not caused by the wires under the carpet because I checked them... apparently seems to be something with the fuse box because the mecanic said that he only worked under the hood, nothing inside the car.
And neither the CD changer is not applicable because I don't have one. It's fitted with tape radio player, wich also broken :D

If it helps, I will post tonight a video with the displays behavior.
AndreiNCS
1.8 16v

Post by AndreiNCS »

AndreiNCS wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 7:17 am Hi and thanks for your answers, but unfortunately it's not caused by the wires under the carpet because I checked them... apparently seems to be something with the fuse box because the mecanic said that he only worked under the hood, nothing inside the car.
And neither the CD changer is not applicable because I don't have one. It's fitted with tape radio player, wich also broken :D

If it helps, I will post tonight a video with the displays behavior.
And o more thing I forgot to mention is that the rear windows defrost it's not working either since the clima display problem appeard. I press the button, the icon on display stays on for 1 second and it goes off, and also I can't hear that click sound when turning the defrost on
steve_earwig

Post by steve_earwig »

You might not have a cd changer but you might have the cable, one end plugged into the radio (mux) the other lying in a puddle...

Searching your posts the RPO seems to be 9380, so the car is full-mux. The climate panel and the heated rear screen are run off the BSI, fuses F & C (allegedly :roll: ). What was the mechanic doing under the bonnet?

Seeing as it's broken, I wonder if it would be worth removing the tape player just to eliminate it.

AndreiNCS
1.8 16v

Post by AndreiNCS »

steve_earwig wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 9:13 am You might not have a cd changer but you might have the cable, one end plugged into the radio (mux) the other lying in a puddle...

Searching your posts the RPO seems to be 9380, so the car is full-mux. The climate panel and the heated rear screen are run off the BSI, fuses F & C (allegedly :roll: ). What was the mechanic doing under the bonnet?

Seeing as it's broken, I wonder if it would be worth removing the tape player just to eliminate it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f2lVu4q ... ture=share

here it is a video with the behavior.... the displays were turned off one minute before with the temp set at 24 C degrees.... and they will turn off after 2 or 3 minutes....
The mechanic was searching the cause of my 4 year problem with the cold start....I also have one topic on this, but no solution so far....

Any ideea after watching the movie on youtube?
steve_earwig

Post by steve_earwig »

Not really, the BSI is turning it on for some reason. We're back to:
The climate control panel is faulty (unlikely, especially given the trip computer is also faulty)
Something else on the bus is faulty
There are damaged wires somewhere
The BSI is fried (it controls the interior lights, the climate control panel, the trip computer and the heated rear screen, amongst other things)

The climate control settings resetting kind of implies a blown fuse, but that's unlikely as the BSI is managing to turn it on.