Pp2000 AC unit

Talk about the 406's electrical system, what wires do what, how to add extra functionality, etc.

Moderator: Moderators

NinoB
2.2 16v

Pp2000 AC unit

Post by NinoB »

Hi guys.. I never know that. Air condition has its own ecu.. When I scan I saw these codes.. Please what these two faults means? And please where can I locate each of the sensors( AC air temperature sensor and AC coolant temperature sensor)?
Attachments
Where's the air condition ECU.. Where can I locate these two sensors..1 passenger compartment air temperature sensor...2. Coolant temperature sensor
Where's the air condition ECU.. Where can I locate these two sensors..1 passenger compartment air temperature sensor...2. Coolant temperature sensor
steve_earwig
Location: Jastrebarsko, Croatia http://www.jastrebarsko.hr/lokacija/

Re: Pp2000 AC unit

Post by steve_earwig »

I'm pretty sure it's controlled by the BSI. Coolant temp sensor is the one with the green connector on the thermostat housing (over the clutch). Passenger compartment sensor is in the overhead console, it's a small clipped in gadget with a tiny fan inside.

Did these both "fail" at the same time?
Unskilled meddling sin©e 2007

The submitted form was invalid. Try submitting again.
NinoB
2.2 16v

Post by NinoB »

yes that is what pp2000 is showing after scanning

i dont really get what you mean
""Coolant temp sensor is the one with the green connector on the thermostat housing (over the clutch)"" you mean the one inside the evaporator whith brown color? .
"""Passenger compartment sensor is in the overhead console, it's a small clipped in gadget with a tiny fan inside.""" is it together with the evaporator fan, because that is the only fan around.
please elaborate more if you have pictures it will help also

my car is petrol ew10 executive D9 manual transmission.
steve_earwig

Post by steve_earwig »

Coolant temperature sensor will be engine coolant, I think it'd say refrigerant if it meant the one in the evaporator

There's a little fan inside the cabin temperature sensor to draw cabin air over a thermistor so the climate control knows what it's about. The fan is about 15mm in diameter.

I'm probably not making myself clear as I've got a raging headache, if I'm still not making sense I should be more useful later. Bloody weather :(
Attachments
pass comp sens.jpg
(52.32 KiB) Not downloaded yet
cool temp.jpg
(109.67 KiB) Not downloaded yet

NinoB
2.2 16v

Post by NinoB »

steve_earwig wrote: Wed Nov 21, 2018 10:02 am Coolant temperature sensor will be engine coolant, I think it'd say refrigerant if it meant the one in the evaporator

There's a little fan inside the cabin temperature sensor to draw cabin air over a thermistor so the climate control knows what it's about. The fan is about 15mm in diameter.

I'm probably not making myself clear as I've got a raging headache, if I'm still not making sense I should be more useful later. Bloody weather :(
sorry mate.. for the first diagram..ok that's the coolant temperature sensor which is the same for AC coolant temperature sensor?
while i dont understand the second diagram( i did not see any sensor in it)
GingerMagic
3.0 24v

Post by GingerMagic »

To get to the passenger compartment air sensor, you need to gently pull down on the part with the grill, then this will expose 2 screws which hold the fan in place..
2003 2.2hdi estate - mine
1998 Volvo 940 auto estate - also mine
2019 Citroen C3 something - the wife's
PP2000 user, can help with faults / diagnostics in the Bournemouth area.
steve_earwig

Post by steve_earwig »

NinoB wrote: Wed Nov 21, 2018 10:32 am sorry mate.. for the first diagram..ok that's the coolant temperature sensor which is the same for AC coolant temperature sensor?
Earlier cars had 3 sensors but I think your car should only have the 1 (what year is it anyway?), so I'm kind of doubting that it's faulty. Cabin sensor as per GM, I'm taking these off of wiring diagrams so all it's showing is the location of the connectors, however a parts diagram wouldn't show anything useful at all.

NinoB
2.2 16v

Post by NinoB »

steve_earwig wrote: Wed Nov 21, 2018 11:07 am
NinoB wrote: Wed Nov 21, 2018 10:32 am sorry mate.. for the first diagram..ok that's the coolant temperature sensor which is the same for AC coolant temperature sensor?
Earlier cars had 3 sensors but I think your car should only have the 1 (what year is it anyway?), so I'm kind of doubting that it's faulty. Cabin sensor as per GM, I'm taking these off of wiring diagrams so all it's showing is the location of the connectors, however a parts diagram wouldn't show anything useful at all.

model 2001, petrol ew10 executive D9 manual transmission.
NinoB
2.2 16v

Post by NinoB »

GingerMagic wrote: Wed Nov 21, 2018 10:51 am To get to the passenger compartment air sensor, you need to gently pull down on the part with the grill, then this will expose 2 screws which hold the fan in place..
the front bumper grill, where the relays are situated?
GingerMagic
3.0 24v

Post by GingerMagic »

No.
Between the sunvisors is the interior light unit. Part of this has a grill on the left - pull this half downwards.
2003 2.2hdi estate - mine
1998 Volvo 940 auto estate - also mine
2019 Citroen C3 something - the wife's
PP2000 user, can help with faults / diagnostics in the Bournemouth area.
Doggy
Mod with a 2.2 HDi, De-Fapped!

Post by Doggy »

Sensor is a little bead thermistor that lives just above the tiny fan.

Usual 'fix' is to get a straw & blow all the gunk out of the fan.
2002 HDi 2.2 Exec Estate, (2008-12) (wonderful)
2003 HDi 2.2 6-speed Exec Estate (2012-19) (also a gem)
2009 Citroen C5 2.0 HDi VTR+ Estate (godawful heap)
2008 BMW E91 330i touring (great fun - murdered by a reversing SUV)
2007 BMW E91 325i touring (slower smoother quieter)
NinoB
2.2 16v

Post by NinoB »

Doggy wrote: Wed Nov 21, 2018 5:46 pm Image

Sensor is a little bead thermistor that lives just above the tiny fan.

Usual 'fix' is to get a straw & blow all the gunk out of the fan.
Yes.. I saw it this exactly mine with same interior n sunroof(but mail rail is broken, now the roof don't open).. So the code. Clear after I remove the connector n put it back..cheers mate
NinoB
2.2 16v

Post by NinoB »

steve_earwig wrote: Wed Nov 21, 2018 10:02 am Coolant temperature sensor will be engine coolant, I think it'd say refrigerant if it meant the one in the evaporator

Attachments
Oh yes .. I saw this in pp2000 So I checked the evaporator blower So I saw a connector by the side of it.. I remove it n place it back properly.. Then I scan again.. Then the problem is fix.. Thanks bro..
Oh yes .. I saw this in pp2000 So I checked the evaporator blower So I saw a connector by the side of it.. I remove it n place it back properly.. Then I scan again.. Then the problem is fix.. Thanks bro..
steve_earwig

Post by steve_earwig »

Ah splendid 8)

8031 : Passenger compartment air temperature sensor power supply

So that diagram is in PP? I really should have played about with it more but it was scaring me by turning on my door card lights while I was fiddling about with cruise control and I started to wonder what else it would change...

2001 could be either semi- or full-mux, the coolant temperature sender connector is still green for an EW tho.

NinoB
2.2 16v

Post by NinoB »

steve_earwig wrote: Thu Nov 22, 2018 9:21 am Ah splendid 8)

8031 : Passenger compartment air temperature sensor power supply

So that diagram is in PP? I really should have played about with it more but it was scaring me by turning on my door card lights while I was fiddling about with cruise control and I started to wonder what else it would change...

2001 could be either semi- or full-mux, the coolant temperature sender connector is still green for an EW tho.
yes the pic is in pp2000 flow chart
is semi-mux
now remain airbags and cruise control.. will soon post the pic.