Inner brake cluster

Talk about the 406's electrical system, what wires do what, how to add extra functionality, etc.

Moderator: Moderators

Running406

Inner brake cluster

Post by Running406 »

Hello I’m new and hope I’m not repeating an obvious Problem here ,I’m sorting out a few problems on the 406 and this one is winning ! I have fixed all lights including 3rd brake on boot top but the inner boot cluster is my problem , all lights work on it (lights /reverse and drivers side fog ) but no brakes work on this cluster (outer brake lights and led on top boot work fine )and I’ve checked for broken wires to inner cluster etc, this may sound stupid but have I the wrong bulbs In as it illuminates for lights but just won’t light second filament for brakes ! The bulbs being used are double filament with 2 blobs on bottom but I see there’s only one dot on bottom of bulb holder ,any advice appreciated greatly
steve_earwig
Location: Jastrebarsko, Croatia http://www.jastrebarsko.hr/lokacija/

Re: Inner brake cluster

Post by steve_earwig »

Yes, rather stupidly the brake lights on the trunk lid aren't wired, just the tails (markers/position). I guess Pug decided 3 was enough...
Unskilled meddling sin©e 2007

The submitted form was invalid. Try submitting again.
Running406

Re: Inner brake cluster

Post by Running406 »

Hi Steve , thanks so much for that ! So I have been running wires and trying to light brake lights that aren’t there ???? :cry: , I did manage to turn fog light in extra brake light 💡 but will ditch that idea , I was trying to see a 406 estate braking online as I half suspected this at one stage but couldn’t find one and they are rare on the road , thanks again Steve