A different radio problem

Talk about the 406's electrical system, what wires do what, how to add extra functionality, etc.

Moderator: Moderators

bigknickers
1.8 16v

A different radio problem

Post by bigknickers »

The aftermarket sony FM radio has bad reception especially when it rains, I suspect the original boosted ariel, so I checked the power to it..............9volts! I then cut the power wire and the radio reception hasn't been worsened............surely 9v can't be right? I'm thinking of buying a new boosted ariel, but if I've only got 9 volts the new ariel probably won't work I guess?
PeterN
3.0 24v

Re: A different radio problem

Post by PeterN »

I have the same problem with mine, I suspect the amplifier has gone faulty, 9 volts ought to be enough to make it work, I have been without a radio except in very strong signal areas for probably a year or more. Mine is an estate with the aerial at the back, not the easiest to get at.

Peter
steve_earwig
Location: Jastrebarsko, Croatia http://www.jastrebarsko.hr/lokacija/

Post by steve_earwig »

The only time I ever turn the radio on here is when I have a passenger I want to annoy. Plinky.plonky plinky-plonky aiouoiuoiuoj yip! yip! yip! :roll:
Unskilled meddling sin©e 2007

The submitted form was invalid. Try submitting again.
bigknickers
1.8 16v

Post by bigknickers »

So is mine Pete, just pull off the plastic trim running across the top of the tailgate opening (all the plastic clips immediately break) then pull the headlining down a bit n root around............simples!