Data has been deleted from BSI eeprom

Talk about the 406's electrical system, what wires do what, how to add extra functionality, etc.

Moderator: Moderators

keizer619

Data has been deleted from BSI eeprom

Post by keizer619 »

I have a 1999 406 GTX 2.0 petrol car. There has been a water leak from the rear and driver side floor has been flooded with.
When i try to start it shows Key light in the dashboard.

Then my technician checked and said Data has been deleted from BSI eeprom. Worse case is replacing all three BSI, ECU and key :(
is there any dump file for the eeprom which i we could use to write to current eeprom?
jonsowman
3.0 24v

Re: Data has been deleted from BSI eeprom

Post by jonsowman »

I suspect the data is not gone, but the BSI is non-functional. EEPROMs are very hardy devices.

You can perhaps swap the EEPROM into a replacement BSI, see here: http://www.406oc.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f= ... 7&p=235612, although yours will be a bit different since it will be a semi-mux car and therefore have a Siemens BSI.
2002 V6 SE Coupé (210bhp) - (Aegean Blue)
2002 D9 2.2 HDi Exec Estate - Samarkand Blue
PM me for PP2000 diagnostics around Surrey
GingerMagic
3.0 24v

Post by GingerMagic »

When my friend David has similar issues with his car, he sorted all the faults by lifting the carpet, removing 2 gallons of water and removing the corroded connector and simply* soldering the wires together...

Initially the headlights were constantly on, the wipers and horn were not working, and the immobiliser was on.
All fixed now though.
2003 2.2hdi estate - mine
1998 Volvo 940 auto estate - also mine
2019 Citroen C3 something - the wife's
PP2000 user, can help with faults / diagnostics in the Bournemouth area.
keizer619

Post by keizer619 »

GingerMagic wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2018 5:56 pm When my friend David has similar issues with his car, he sorted all the faults by lifting the carpet, removing 2 gallons of water and removing the corroded connector and simply* soldering the wires together...

Initially the headlights were constantly on, the wipers and horn were not working, and the immobiliser was on.
All fixed now though.
Removed water but didn't solder wires and connectors , need to try that too.
jonsowman wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2018 5:27 pm I suspect the data is not gone, but the BSI is non-functional. EEPROMs are very hardy devices.

You can perhaps swap the EEPROM into a replacement BSI, see here: http://www.406oc.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f= ... 7&p=235612, although yours will be a bit different since it will be a semi-mux car and therefore have a Siemens BSI.
Yes i saw that thread too. Currently i am having a Siemens BSI, in my case chassi number and other related information is not shown when connecting through PP2000 Scanner. I thought its because data is removed from EEPROM, then i should try to swap into another BSI and see.