Outside Temp Sensor

Talk about the 406's electrical system, what wires do what, how to add extra functionality, etc.

Moderator: Moderators

Szmoryboy

Outside Temp Sensor

Post by Szmoryboy »

Hi! Anyone know any wiring for outside temp sensor?
I replaced the MFD (retrofit). The car now say : -- C I look the pessenger side mirror...ther wasnt any sensor.
I bought a new sensor. But a dont know the wiring for it.
steve_earwig
Location: Jastrebarsko, Croatia http://www.jastrebarsko.hr/lokacija/

Re: Outside Temp Sensor

Post by steve_earwig »

The diagrams are a bit vague on this one, there should be either an 18-way black connector or a 13-way blue, then it gets a bit useless - the wires should be 721 & 722 but the labelling is dreadful. Looking on the (much more helpful) full-mux diagrams the wires are 6433 & 6434, not sure why they'd be different.
Unskilled meddling sin©e 2007

The submitted form was invalid. Try submitting again.
PeterN
3.0 24v

Post by PeterN »

I think it is in the passenger side mirror, I'm pretty sure I have replaced one, but that's the 'passenger' side for RHD cars, I wonder if the OPs is LHD.

Peter
Szmoryboy

Post by Szmoryboy »

steve_earwig wrote:The diagrams are a bit vague on this one, there should be either an 18-way black connector or a 13-way blue, then it gets a bit useless - the wires should be 721 & 722 but the labelling is dreadful. Looking on the (much more helpful) full-mux diagrams the wires are 6433 & 6434, not sure why they'd be different.
And where can i find these wires? The door connector? Inside the door i cant find any cables...next to the mirror only the mirror heat white connector.
steve_earwig
Location: Jastrebarsko, Croatia http://www.jastrebarsko.hr/lokacija/

Post by steve_earwig »

Sorry, you're correct that is a 13-way white connector (BA is white, BE is blue :oops: ). And the other end goes to the... BSI :( 26-way blue (yes BE) connector, probably not pins 23 & 24.

PeterN wrote:I think it is in the passenger side mirror, I'm pretty sure I have replaced one, but that's the 'passenger' side for RHD cars, I wonder if the OPs is LHD.

Peter
I think I'd better check that :? Sedre just says "passenger door mirror" for semi-mux but in the far more helpful full-mux installation diagrams it shows the left-hand door for right-hand drive cars and the right-hand door for left-hand drive cars. So for once it might actually not be talking rubbish...
Unskilled meddling sin©e 2007

The submitted form was invalid. Try submitting again.
Szmoryboy

Post by Szmoryboy »

Okey. I will check the connectors front the door. My car is a left hand drive.
On BSI wich connector? First I will probe the temp sensor directly to BSI.
GingerMagic
3.0 24v

Post by GingerMagic »

Get a replacement temp sensor from a scrapyard ( citroen and peugeot are the same sensor usually )
Remove the passenger mirror glass ( RHD cars :cheesy: ), undo a couple of torx screws, snip the wires and reconnect the new sensor.
The sensor is a small black lump under the mirror, easier to feel it than see it.
2003 2.2hdi estate - mine
1998 Volvo 940 auto estate - also mine
2019 Citroen C3 something - the wife's
PP2000 user, can help with faults / diagnostics in the Bournemouth area.
Szmoryboy

Post by Szmoryboy »

GingerMagic wrote:Get a replacement temp sensor from a scrapyard ( citroen and peugeot are the same sensor usually )
Remove the passenger mirror glass ( RHD cars :cheesy: ), undo a couple of torx screws, snip the wires and reconnect the new sensor.
The sensor is a small black lump under the mirror, easier to feel it than see it.
My car originally dont have temp sensor. I just want install it. I updated the MFD. I know where is it. But there arent any cables in my car for the sensor.
Szmoryboy

Post by Szmoryboy »

steve_earwig wrote:Sorry, you're correct that is a 13-way white connector (BA is white, BE is blue :oops: ). And the other end goes to the... BSI :( 26-way blue (yes BE) connector, probably not pins 23 & 24.
Ok i checked it. On BSI blue 26pin connector i find the cables. 721 orange cable on pin 24 ..but on pin 23 green thicker cable (i cant find any number on it)... i put on my temp sensor here..and its smoked out :(
PeterN
3.0 24v

Post by PeterN »

Szmoryboy

Post by Szmoryboy »

I find the 2 cables. 722 and 721 on the pessenger side door connector. I bought a new temp sensor. I Will probe it to here :)