Immobiliser & Injectors faults(fixed) - still not starting

Talk about the 406's electrical system, what wires do what, how to add extra functionality, etc.

Moderator: Moderators

dragunas
1.6 8v

Immobiliser & Injectors faults(fixed) - still not starting

Post by dragunas »

Hi. My battery has been disconnected for around month, I was chopping off the aftermarket alarm system. I reconnected all the original wiring, and now I can't start the car... My car key is single button key, but it is broken, so switch not working. Also, when removing the alarm system, in the bsi connector i found two orange wires, which were difficult to read codes, so i connected them by the corresponding lengths. Maybe they should be reconnected differently. Those two wires were connected together and fed to the ecu orange wire (maybe that was a immobiliser walkaround?) Maybe someone has any ideas? Battery is now charging, trying to do something tomorrow.

Edit: how to know if bsi is not dead?
Last edited by dragunas on Sat Sep 16, 2017 12:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.
dragunas
1.6 8v

Re: Immobiliser warning light

Post by dragunas »

Bump :(
dragunas
1.6 8v

Post by dragunas »

Ok. Connected another fully working battery, and made a PP2k scan. I have got some faults, which I attached. "No connection between BSI interface and ECU". As I said earlier, there was a wire connected from the BSI yellow connector, two orange wires connected to a single wire, and fed to the ECU orange wire, can it be the connection cable between them, maybe because someone fixed that by feeding a new wire? PP2k shows, that injectors are shorted, that is how immobiliser works, turning them off? Then pp showed a fault under Instrument Panel: No communication on the data bar wire. My radio is removed, or this is not the kind of communication between data wire? My main concern is, why those two wires from the BSI were connected to the ECU? Help needed, thanks. :roll:

EDIT: car is 2001 D9 semi-mux. Older style stalks. 3FZ EW12J4 2.2 petrol.
Maybe somebody has wiring diagrams for engine ECU Magneti Marelli 4MP2.11 and for the BSI yellow connector?
Attachments
skydelio klaidos.JPG
ecu.JPG
bsi klaida.JPG
frog
2.0 Turbo

Post by frog »

I think the problem is indeed in the wiring between built-in systems interface (BSI) and engine management control unit (ECU).

I looked in Sedre and found the following diagram which i think is applicable to your model:
ECU-BSI diagram 406 D9 2001 EW12J4.jpg
(79.32 KiB) Downloaded 42 times
ECU: 48V MR is the 48-pin brown connector (the middle one)
BSI: 26V JN is the 26-pin yellow connector (the largest in the group of three)

The faults on all four injectors "Cylinder no. X injector control. Short circuit to earth" seem very strange. Maybe some part of the aftermarket alarm system wiring has remained and is causing this?
Current "fleet":
2003 406 Estate 2.0HDi 110 - 7 seater - just hit 690.000 kms :cheesy:
2001 Citroen Saxo 1.6i 8v 100

Previously owned:
2000 406 Sedan 2.0 HDi 90
2000 406 Coupé 2.0i 16v 138 - Riviera Blue

PP2000 user, can help with faults / diagnostics in the Netherlands.
dragunas
1.6 8v

Re: Immobiliser warning light(fixed) - now Injector faults

Post by dragunas »

Thank you for wiring diagram, I'll check those wires. I managed to get immobiliser working again, by connecting BSI 26V JN pin #3+pin#15(together) to ECU 48V MR pin#F3. Just like it was connected before. But unfortunately, engine won't start. Immobiliser fault went away, but Injector faults are still active. Tried to push IFS switch - no luck. Checked all fuses - no luck. All this happened, when aftermarket alarm system was chopped off an I tried so start the engine. At that moment immobiliser light went on together with injector faults. Now only injectors faults are present. Maybe ECU got fried and won't send signal to injectors..

None of the aftermarket alarm system wires are remained in the car.
dragunas
1.6 8v

Re: Immobiliser warning light(fixed) - now Injector faults

Post by dragunas »

More updates. I decided to check engine loom wiring and all wiring underneath BSI and fuse box. I found one blue wire ripped off, but don't see where the end might go. Also I noticed same wire in boot, taped in rear left light loom. (pictures attached)

Also I forgot to mention, that the car is fitted with LPG gas system. Maybe gas hardware has something to do with fuel injectors not working?

Before going home, made another pp2k scan. All fuel injectors are still permanent fault. And "Connection between BSI and ECU" went from permanent to intermittent.

Now I am researching wiring diagrams. Maybe someone has new ideas what is happening? Changing ECU and BSI with key is in the last place, because in my country 406 with 2.2 petrol is rare and hard to find, so the price would be high too, I assume.

I also found a similar topic regarding Peugeot 407 with same engine. The fault was with fuse box. Maybe I should check for fuses, live feeds and grounds? But I don't know how.. :(
Attachments
2.JPG
1.JPG
dragunas
1.6 8v

Re: Immobiliser & Injectors faults(fixed) - still not starti

Post by dragunas »

Don't be mad at me for flooding my own topic with my own posts, but I'm just trying to add as much info as I can. So another update. When doing a global test, pp2k shows, that engine ecu fault reading was failed. But when going manually to fault reading ecu shows no faults, I can't say that injector faults are gone, but it looks so. And another fault still active, is: "Intermittent fault: connection between BSI and ECU". I haven't yet checked those wires which "frog" has posted, but it's the next thing I am doing.