D8 immobiliser keypad

Talk about the 406's electrical system, what wires do what, how to add extra functionality, etc.

Moderator: Moderators

michaeljclark
1.8 16v

Post by michaeljclark »

mjb wrote:
michaeljclark wrote:yes it is a std feature - however since the wires on my keypad are broke and soo to is my remote it don't help too much!!!!!!

In fact the unlock on remote has never worked for me (even before the remote broke)
What is broken with your key? It's not something simple like a dead pair of batteries is it? Does the LED on it light up when you press a button? what about if you take the top off? My original key had broken rubber around the button which prevented it working, so I got a replacement from eBay and transplanted the top casing
No the actual button came off the PCB and I don't fancy £120 for a new remote (and the speedo is beginning to get stuck) - I'm beginning to think along the lines of a new motor, but hate the 407's front and can't seem to find any reasonable 406 D9's on a 53 plate

Ho hum
mjb
Site Admin

Post by mjb »

I'm at work at the moment, but when I get home I'll check the key I got off eBay. I'm pretty sure it'd be a doddle to transplant the button if you're handy with a soldering iron.

Why a 53 plate specifically?
Captain Jack
3.0 24v

Post by Captain Jack »

I've even seen a 54 plate 406 the other day...!
michaeljclark
1.8 16v

Post by michaeljclark »

mjb wrote:Why a 53 plate specifically?
I just fancy something a tad newer really!
michaeljclark
1.8 16v

Post by michaeljclark »

niz406 wrote:Sorry Michael, Last night when I got home and rebuilt my PC I was still no better off.. as it turns out vista doesn't want to connect to the Internet through my wireless router, even though its hard wired, so couldn't send the information required, hoping to resolve it tonight and will get back to you as soon as possible!

:D

Sorry Chap!
Any luck with that diagram sir? Have just posted about finding my remote cotrol button, so it would be cool in the pool if I could get the diagram - my little bro works for an independant garage so could get him to re do the loom at the plug end!
niz406
Admin <BR>Turbo God

Post by niz406 »

I've tried searching and cannot find the information you need, so I will sort out a list of wires and a photo for you tomorrow and upload it when I'm back from work if thats ok ?
Niz406
--------
"Some Say he can fart fire, whilst others say he can urinate rocket fuel.... all we know is he's called... The Niz"
michaeljclark
1.8 16v

Post by michaeljclark »

That's fine with me mate!
niz406
Admin <BR>Turbo God

Post by niz406 »

Hey Michael,

I have not had chance to take pics yet, I know, I know... I'm crap! But hey there's now't I can do about that!

Anyway I will be working on my car tomorrow and as it will be light I will take picture then, and write down any numbers on the wires and make a pretty picture for you if thats ok? I PROMISE....... and I don't usually promise things, because if I do I actually have to do it, so my word is my oath to you ! :D
Niz406
--------
"Some Say he can fart fire, whilst others say he can urinate rocket fuel.... all we know is he's called... The Niz"
niz406
Admin <BR>Turbo God

Post by niz406 »

As promised.... see I get there in the end lol

From Right to Left, please note that these are not 100% accurate but you should be able to work it out, some were unreadable:

1 ) Violet - BM47
2 ) Orange - 6299
3 ) Brown -
4 ) Orange - 821
[hr]
5 ) empty
6 ) empty
[hr]
7 ) Grey - 13C1
8 ) Brown -
9 ) Violet - 8539
10 ) Grey - 6839
11 ) Orange - 0508
12 ) Brown - 826
13 ) Violet - 3
14 ) Grey - 8xx2
15 ) Yellow - Only yellow in there :D

I'll have another look tomorrow with a magnifying glass and hopefully I can fill in the blanks :D
Niz406
--------
jameslxdt
3.0 24v

Post by jameslxdt »

ive got the pug wiring diagram somewhere for the keypad, if i find it ill put it up
Peugeot wrote:what are you worried about? we made car that lasted 10 years"..."Zat is very goode non? :|
FAQ - 406 D8 petrol (excl. V6) running and starting problems
dgt
1.8 16v

Re:

Post by dgt »

Benner wrote:Yeah i've heard that.

Has anyone actually tried this?
Feel bad bumping a thread that is over 5 years old but as no one has replied, I might aswell give my 2 cents worth!

I have a 97 106 that had the keypad immobiliser but I removed it. You start the car then take it out when running. The immobiliser is now permanently engaged, you can start without the keypad. You can take the battery out, replace it and it will start, it won't mess up anything. This works on all keypad immobiliser cars :D

Here's how I did it
yo_Y6trsI-Q
niz406
Admin <BR>Turbo God

Re: D8 immobiliser keypad

Post by niz406 »

There is actually a sequence code you can type in that disables the keypad immobiliser and leaves it down to the key fob for activation / deactivation.

But for the life of me I can't remember what it is, it should be on the forum somewhere!
Niz406
--------
leestudd30
2.0 Turbo

Re: D8 immobiliser keypad

Post by leestudd30 »

How to arm the immobiliser with the fob and not using the keypad is in the original handbook, its in mine but don't have have it to hand. From what I remember if you configure it, it will only give you so many seconds to start the car, otherwise it will ask you to input the code through the keypad again.
1997 2 litre GLX 4dr now dead!
2005 Citroen Xsara Picasso Desire HDi