Trip Computer?

Talk about the 406's electrical system, what wires do what, how to add extra functionality, etc.

Moderator: Moderators

STALLED
The moderator down under

Trip Computer?

Post by STALLED »

Hey,

My 406 ST D8 doesnt have the trip computer. What I was wanting to know...is it possible to install the trup computer screen with the full functionality including the wiper stalk for scrolling in from a higher spec car into a lower spec model. My car doesnt have climate - just the basic aircon so I'd assume there would be a need to install a temp sensor as well in the passenger mirror?

How much do the parts cost in the UK from a wrecker?

Thanks heaps people!

Joel
1997 406 D8 ST Manual 2.0L!

jameslxdt
3.0 24v

Post by jameslxdt »

have a search, theres a really long thread on how to retro-fit it
:P
Peugeot wrote:what are you worried about? we made car that lasted 10 years"..."Zat is very goode non? :|
FAQ - 406 D8 petrol (excl. V6) running and starting problems
diesel.weasel
1.8 8v

Post by diesel.weasel »

I think that the D8 can be retro fitted with a trip computer, however it does require hard wiring between the display and the ECU (I think!!)

The D9 has everything in place (except for the wiper stalk) however those loveable french people require a value in the bsi to be changed (Trip computer from 0 to 1) which requires a trip to the main dealer or peug specalist (Quotes of £250 to have the BSI updated!!). In the end I decided just to use the trip meter and work out the MPG for my car (D9 90 HDI 51 mpg, 750 miles consistantly out of a tank).

In short don't bother it ain't worth the ballache.

Cheers
DW
jameslxdt
3.0 24v

Post by jameslxdt »

its easy as anythin on a d8, i did it to mine, only took me about two hours to modify the loom
Peugeot wrote:what are you worried about? we made car that lasted 10 years"..."Zat is very goode non? :|
jameslxdt
3.0 24v

Post by jameslxdt »

here is the thread
trip computer