How Do I....

Talk about the 406's electrical system, what wires do what, how to add extra functionality, etc.

Moderator: Moderators

smibber

How Do I....

Post by smibber »

change the side/front fog lights on my 406??

I've just purchased some Osram Xenon upgrades, the dipped and full beam H7's are a doddle, much easier than any other car I've owned.

I can't work out how to change the H1 Fog lights, do I have to remove under pannels or is there an easier way?

Also the small W5W (501) side lights have a different light cover shaped a bit like a big domestic plug, it has a cross head screw attachment on the top of it, I assume I need to use that to get the cover off.

All help appreciated.

Smibber
Welly
The moderator formally known as Welton

Post by Welly »

Don't know about the fogs, the 'side' lights are the little 5w capsules, these are part of the headlight assembly and the pull out on a 'twist and turn' thing at the back, like a little L shaped arm thing with the wires attached, turn it by a quarter and pull out.

The capsule is on the end of a long stick.

Is that what you meant?

(welcome BTW)
Cars in my care:
2021 Kia Spottage 1.6 Pez Turbo Dual Clutch Gearbox Trickery
2013 Renner Twingo - donkey work
smibber

Post by smibber »

Thanks,

I'll take a look.

Anybody got information on the fogs?

Smibber
jameslxdt
3.0 24v

Post by jameslxdt »

theres a splash guard under the front bumper on each side below the fog lights with 3 torx 20 screws, undo these and you can pull the shield down, then you can get to the back of the fog light, theres a metal clip that i think you push up and the back of the fog light should pull out, then you can replace the bulb
Peugeot wrote:what are you worried about? we made car that lasted 10 years"..."Zat is very goode non? :|
FAQ - 406 D8 petrol (excl. V6) running and starting problems
smibber

Post by smibber »

Thanks, thought it must be something like that.

Great forum.

:cheesy: