Intermittent Drivers electric window

Talk about the 406's electrical system, what wires do what, how to add extra functionality, etc.

Moderator: Moderators

pelson

Intermittent Drivers electric window

Post by pelson »

The drivers window on my D8 406 has an intermittent problem when closing where it reopens itself fully as if it has sensed an obstruction. This is particularly anoying when its raining and you suddenly get your face wet.
Anyone come across this or know of a fix?
Captain Jack
3.0 24v

Post by Captain Jack »

hmm i had that problem when it was REALLY hot in the summer (like 35C).. and using automatic window feature. It would reach 95% of the way and then come down. But I was able to close it without using the auto feature.. carefully...

It's the weird pug electrics that drive everyone crazy
DaiRees
Site Admin

Post by DaiRees »

I'd check that the window isn't experiencing any additional resistance. Check that all the channels are clean and free of debris, and maybe lubricate them with a little vaseline or something similar. May also be worth taking the door card off and having a look at the mechanism, check there's nothing wrong in there (a previous car of mine had cable operated window mechs and one of the cables was just starting to frey, causing extra resistance) and grease any runners, pulleys etc. Sorry I can't remember what mechs the 406 uses, it's been years since I had a door card off :D
Playtime_Fontayne wrote:"Dai Rees Supplier of Fine Automobilia. Established 2007"