Trip Computer

Talk about the 406's electrical system, what wires do what, how to add extra functionality, etc.

Moderator: Moderators

sawarren88
1.6 8v

Trip Computer

Post by sawarren88 »

Hi All, New to the world of 406's - just taken ownership of a 2001 2.0 HDi (90) L spec.

I have no handbook for the vehicle but there is a trip computer button which when pressed cycles through various mpg/ fuel figures but just shows dashes where the numerals should be. The date shows correctly.

Is this a fault or was the L spec not fitted with a trip computer but just going through the motions as it were

Thanks for your help

Steve
pugmania
1.8 8v

Post by pugmania »

Where you have instant values rather than averages or have just reset/zero'd the computer (by pressing and holding the right hand stalk button in for 3 secs) and there is no data to draw from the computer will not display any values - just dashes.

If its getting readings you'll see the dashes change to numbers after a mile or so. If not then the chances are that the speed pickup isn't working or something like that. Someone more technical would have to give the full list of potential causes!

You can get a book pack from Peugeot for about £12 or so. When I lost my Golf book pack VW gave me one for free and tracked down the history and stamped it up - see if Pug can do the same.
The car is gutless and slow, but is perfect for my 160 mile a day round trip commute! So much more refined than the trains.