Electric windows

Talk about the 406's electrical system, what wires do what, how to add extra functionality, etc.

Moderator: Moderators

davey

Electric windows

Post by davey »

Hi,

I've got a problem with the electric windows on my 406 Rapier.
Both driver & passenger windows have packed up and I've got hold of a wiring diagram for them and checked the circuit through. There is no power at the drivers door switch which according to the circuit diagram is supplied from the systems interface. I've tried putting a 12v supply directly onto the switch and the window works fine and I've also checked all of the fuses that supply the circuit so it appears that there is a fault within the systems interface.
Is it possible to buy a used inteface from a breakers yard to fit or are these units built & programmed for a specific vehicle?

Regards
Dave.
jameslxdt
3.0 24v

Post by jameslxdt »

the BSi has to be replaced by the dealer as it requires software downloading into it
Peugeot wrote:what are you worried about? we made car that lasted 10 years"..."Zat is very goode non? :|
FAQ - 406 D8 petrol (excl. V6) running and starting problems
davey

Post by davey »

thats what I was worried about - probably cost more than the car is worth.
Welly
The moderator formally known as Welton

Post by Welly »

Why not just make your own power supply via a couple of independant fuse holders, directly to your switch?
Cars in my care:
2021 Kia Spottage 1.6 Pez Turbo Dual Clutch Gearbox Trickery
2013 Renner Twingo - donkey work
trem1
3.0 24v

Post by trem1 »

Welton wrote:Why not just make your own power supply via a couple of independant fuse holders, directly to your switch?

that would be my solution but knowing me i would'nt bother with the fuses(just panic an rip the wires out when i had a problem)

so fuses are probably a good idea :cheesy:
Welly
The moderator formally known as Welton

Post by Welly »

trem1 wrote:
Welton wrote:Why not just make your own power supply via a couple of independant fuse holders, directly to your switch?

that would be my solution but knowing me i would'nt bother with the fuses(just panic an rip the wires out when i had a problem)

so fuses are probably a good idea :cheesy:
Hehe.....I would be too lazy to route the cables up through the door posts and end up with wires 'selotaped' to the dash/door/all over :lol:
Cars in my care:
2021 Kia Spottage 1.6 Pez Turbo Dual Clutch Gearbox Trickery
2013 Renner Twingo - donkey work
jameslxdt
3.0 24v

Post by jameslxdt »

if the BSi isnt supplying the voltage its usually a sign that its breaking down internally, soon the wipers, lights and all other electrics will go crazy, have you checked for continuity between the switch and BSi?
Peugeot wrote:what are you worried about? we made car that lasted 10 years"..."Zat is very goode non? :|
FAQ - 406 D8 petrol (excl. V6) running and starting problems
davey

Post by davey »

Thanks for the reply guys.

I haven't checked for continuity from the BSI to the switch - I will check that out in the morning.
If there is no problem with the cable I'll put in a direct supply via an in-line fuse and see how that goes.

Regards
Dave.