Panel lights - Cheap Replacement

Talk about the 406's electrical system, what wires do what, how to add extra functionality, etc.

Moderator: Moderators

mjb
Site Admin

Panel lights - Cheap Replacement

Post by mjb »

Part N83CF from Maplins is 2 of the bulbs for £1.95. These fit in the dashboard and center console (just changed 7 of them!). Note that unlike the £1.80 bulbs you get from the dealers these do not come with the plastic holers so you just need to pull the existing ones out and push the new ones in. In fact Maplins do sell bulbs in holders but they're £5 each!

I now have an illuminated ashtray, cigarette lighter (didn't know those 2 were supposed to light up!), ac panel and dashboard again :D
Welly
The moderator formally known as Welton

Post by Welly »

Nice one chappy, I hate it when stuff doesn't light up at night, I always try and fix it all to work properly.

I even leave car stereos on with the volume down at night just so it lights up :oops:
Cars in my care:
2021 Kia Spottage 1.6 Pez Turbo Dual Clutch Gearbox Trickery
2013 Renner Twingo - donkey work
mjb
Site Admin

Post by mjb »

Welton wrote:Nice one chappy, I hate it when stuff doesn't light up at night, I always try and fix it all to work properly.

I even leave car stereos on with the volume down at night just so it lights up :oops:
Haha I've got my JVC stereo set to dim when the lights go on - as I tend to point out every time to any passengers! Das blinkenlights ist gut!! (I want a Lexus dashboard!)