HELP 10 month old baby freezing

Talk about the 406's electrical system, what wires do what, how to add extra functionality, etc.

Moderator: Moderators

turnbit

HELP 10 month old baby freezing

Post by turnbit »

My 10month old is freezing in the back seat cos the blowers have packed up in my 406GTX (Tplate 1999)

I first replaced the blower motor under the glove box to no avail. I was then reliable informed that it was the climate control panel needing replaced which I have just done but ... Still nothing. You can hear all the swiches moving when selecting a/c, heated windscreen etc but there is absolutely nothing from the vents.

I am at my wits end and would really appreciate any suggestions / advise you guys may have.

Ps the fan in the engine bay also stays on even when the keys are outta the ignition and drains the battery. This only started happening around the same time as the blowers packed it. COULD it be related ????

Cheers Lads

mbell666
3.0 24v

Post by mbell666 »

whats the coolant level like?

if its low it could be a and air lock in the heater matrix and other places.
1997 Honda Prelude 2.2 VTi
Previously - 1999 406 Executive HDI
turnbit

Post by turnbit »

Collant level is fine. any other suggestions - I was thinking maybe the thermostat or temp sensor.........

thanks
mjb
Site Admin

Post by mjb »

If nothing's coming from the vents then it's almost certainly nothing to do with the thermostats or anything like that, most likely a problem with the blower as you originally diagnosed.

If you can hear the blower when it's turned up (bloody noisey thing!) then your problem is going to be something obstructing the airflow in the pipework. If not then it's probably (almost certainly with a new blower and a/c panel) an electical gremilin. Try checking out the fuse boxes and then try checking over the wiring - the blower's got to be powered from somewhere, is that somewhere sending power, and is it getting to the blower, etc

I wish I could tell you more specifics, but I suspect there may be a relay somewhere to control the blower. Maybe it's that that's fried...

Hope this is of some use