BSI software and functionality enquiry!

Talk about the 406's electrical system, what wires do what, how to add extra functionality, etc.

Moderator: Moderators

gaznasty
1.8 8v

BSI software and functionality enquiry!

Post by gaznasty »

Hello 406 OC Community and the intelligent folk out there!

Having followed some of the threads on this forum site I have a general enquiry regarding BSI's, I have a D9 1999 406 HDi 90 facelift model and recently when looking throught the BSI using PP2000 and the "clone", I noted that some options were "not present" and one of them being the factory fitted alarm although, I was given the option to "test" the siren and alarm LED.

Would i be right in thinking that the wiring plug's for the siren be fitted at standard, along with the wiring plug for the ultrasonic control box as part of the loom or are these wires addional? also if I put on these items (items as found on a Coupe from a similar year and the part number being the same according to service box from the scrappies) of the same year and select "present" under the options would it work or does the software need updating?

Any ideas on this would be gratefully recieved.

Garry
Doggy
Mod with a 2.2 HDi, De-Fapped!

Re: BSI software and functionality enquiry!

Post by Doggy »

I din't know the answer - it appears Pug were very inconsistent in which 'extra' bits of loom got installed. Might be worth popping off one of the A pillar trims to see if the ultrasonic sensor wiring's there.
2002 HDi 2.2 Exec Estate, (2008-12) (wonderful)
2003 HDi 2.2 6-speed Exec Estate (2012-19) (also a gem)
2009 Citroen C5 2.0 HDi VTR+ Estate (godawful heap)
2008 BMW E91 330i touring (great fun - murdered by a reversing SUV)
2007 BMW E91 325i touring (slower smoother quieter)
leehdi
2.0 16v

Post by leehdi »

You'll need to fit the parts [if you have the wiring], enable it in the BSI and if you can go onto ECU listed and enable the alarm one. The alarm ECU is in the BSI, but enabling it as a individual ECU allows you to analyse faults better.
leehdi
2.0 16v

Post by leehdi »

Also, be wary when programming with clone software, its very unstable. People have corrupted BSI's and ECU's because of it, due to it crashing.
RayneR
3.0 24v

Post by RayneR »

I think lee is right, clone lexia 3 and pp2000 is very tricky, i have tested 2 clones and none of them were able to diagnosis my Engine ECU ...
2000/May 406 Estate 2.0 HDI 110bhp DW10ATED now with 205k km & now with cruise control & now remaped @ 134bhp :lol:
leehdi
2.0 16v

Post by leehdi »

Clone version doesn't have as many features as the proper version. Also can't be updated.
RayneR
3.0 24v

Post by RayneR »

leehdi wrote:Clone version doesn't have as many features as the proper version. Also can't be updated.
The problem is not the software but the interface itself .. because as far as i could research and test, i was able to use the latest version of the peugeot planet, but the interface, there is no way i can see which version is, or is it ?
2000/May 406 Estate 2.0 HDI 110bhp DW10ATED now with 205k km & now with cruise control & now remaped @ 134bhp :lol:
leehdi
2.0 16v

Post by leehdi »

Yeah there are problems with the interface as well. But some chinese clones are actually ok. There are problems with the software too [version 21], clone version. The facilities it has are limited.
RayneR
3.0 24v

Post by RayneR »

Yeah, that's why i'll never buy a clone interface, it can have problems ... not worth the trouble and money...
gaznasty
1.8 8v

Post by gaznasty »

right then, after doing some research in service box and sedre, I have found the ultrasonic wiring and connector plug, in the footwell, Also I have noted that between the seats i have lifted the coin holder next to the airbag switch and located the the correct blue plug is the ultrasonic cancel/alarm LED switch, and in the boot I have found the wiring and plug for alarm siren!

I just need to "plumb" the ultrasonics in and connect to the control box, plug in switch, the siren in the boot and then hopefully test it in the BSI menu.

Anyone local to Nottinghamshire with a proper interface then to save my BSI from becoming Corrupt!
10072011 002.jpg
10072011 006.jpg
10072011 007.jpg
gaznasty
1.8 8v

Post by gaznasty »

just an update, i checked all the terminals in the plugs to clarify earth and live supply's as per Sedre layout and plugged in the siren as removed from a 406 coupe yesterday, left it a few hours to charge up, plugged in the alarm switch/led, connected up the "clone" and tested the alarm led which did illuminate well flash, but i did not get any siren tone.

I then went to into the BSI config realised that I had left "alarm/siren at absent" and changed it to "present" on doing so and testing again the alarm siren wailed as it was supposed to!

only thing not so fantastic I connected up the Bonnet microswitch to the existing loom and after switching on the alarm and opening the bonnet, it doesnt activate the alarm????

When i initially checked across the 2 terminals I was getting continuity so thought all was well, I also noted that on the multifunction display indicates the bonnet is shown open on operation of the bonnet catch.

does this sound familiar to anyone in term of alarm not activating when opening the bonnet and if so how did you rectify this?

Thanks again

Garry
leehdi
2.0 16v

Post by leehdi »

You enables the alarm ecu to see if you can view live data and perform actuator tests and do configurations??
gaznasty
1.8 8v

Post by gaznasty »

I found the problem, despite the bonnet microswitch showing continuity it would not trigger the alarm, I then disconnected the alarm pin switch at its connector shorted the 2 connectors and succesfully triggered the alarm.

replacement pin switch required! when i took the old one apart to see if it could be corrected the green corrosion and worn copper said it all.

Thank you for your help, i just need to get a pin switch now.

Garry