Trip computer?

Talk about the 406's electrical system, what wires do what, how to add extra functionality, etc.

Moderator: Moderators

leemandy

Trip computer?

Post by leemandy »

Hi peeps :cheesy:

My 406 is a T reg HDI 110 glx and i cant get the trip computer to work for the life of me :shock: is there a common problem with these or am i just been thick lol :lol:

Ta Lee
RayneR
3.0 24v

Re: Trip computer?

Post by RayneR »

Does the stalk have trip computer button?

If yes, then you should check the BSI's Configuration ..And see if Trip computer is in " present " or " not present/absent " , Then just enable it .. the problem is that .. to do is you will need Peugeot planet 2000 with the original peugeot parts ..
2000/May 406 Estate 2.0 HDI 110bhp DW10ATED now with 205k km & now with cruise control & now remaped @ 134bhp :lol:
leemandy

Post by leemandy »

I need to find a pic of a stalk with the button just to double check but i believe it has one

lee
waue1978
HDi don't believe it!

Post by waue1978 »

If your car is the newer D9 (with honeycomb grill) then it is doubtful that it will have the trip computer being a GLX. A picture won't necessarily help as it is difficult to see the difference in the stalks. My car has the trip computer & the button to change the mode is at the end of the wiper stalk - yours will look like it has a button as the end of the stalk sticks out a little, but it won't push in if it doesn't have the trip computer.
2000/X Peugeot 406 110 HDi LX Family 93k to 2000/W BMW 530D SE Auto 84k to 2003/03 Peugeot Partner Hdi Escapade 98k to 2003/53 Vauxhall Zafira DTi Elegance 74k

leemandy

Post by leemandy »

Yup mines the honeycomb style grill and i think your bang on m8ty,it has what looks like a button but it doesnt say anything or press in as such :frown: ohh well no trip computer for me then lol,guess retro fitting cruise control is a no no then :lol:
waue1978
HDi don't believe it!

Post by waue1978 »

Not really a no-no. In fact you have a better chance of fitting all these extras to your car than I do in mine as it seems Peugeot pre-wired the first 2 years of D9s for most optional extras.

Here's a list of things to check:

Drop fuse panel & look here:

If you have the little white plug shown here, that's where the cruise control stalk plugs in. 2 torx bolts under the headlamp adjuster/diagnostic port allow that to come out & you should have something plugged in between the 2 - that's where the on/off switch for cruise goes. Here's mine (which doesn't have it):

Prise up the coin holders with a screwdriver to the rear of the airbag switch in the centre console - if you have a load of plugs plugged into the coin holders, you're ready to go for heated seats.

Look under your front seats - if you have a red & yellow plug taped up in the corner nearest the door, the yellow plug is your ticket to fitting electric front seats.

Chances are, the wiring will probably be there for the trip computer too if you have all that. All you need then is somebody with a PP2000/Peugeot Planet clone to activate them on your BSI.
2000/X Peugeot 406 110 HDi LX Family 93k to 2000/W BMW 530D SE Auto 84k to 2003/03 Peugeot Partner Hdi Escapade 98k to 2003/53 Vauxhall Zafira DTi Elegance 74k

eoin27
The Irish 406 addict

Post by eoin27 »

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=6735&hilit=+trip

I had a similar story a couple of years back. Completely retrofitted a trip comp to a D9. Pick yourself up one of these and make a trip to the dealers to get it switched on in the BSI
2000 D9 Coupé 2.0 SE EW10J4 Scarlet Red - 5 litres of oil gone in 500 miles!!! Time for a new coupe me thinks
leemandy

Post by leemandy »

Noticed today on the control panel that shows the time and outside temp etc,i pressed the left hand button for a few seconds and as well as adjusting the time it asked what i wanted the speed in eg mph or kph :shock: weird,need to start digging around me thinks but away on my bike this weekend to cadwell racing circuit so its gonna have to wait :cheesy:
Thanks for the help so far peeps,your a good bunch 8)

Lee
RayneR
3.0 24v

Post by RayneR »

i retro fitted trip computer on mine aswell ... all i did was ..swap the wiper arm stalk with one that has the trip computer button ( these have 2 arrows pointing towards the wheel ) , and then all you need is peugeot planet 2000 , This is the hardest part , because it must be the original equipment from peugeot .. nothing else will do this .. try to find someone here in the forum that will do this for you .. try and go to your garage and ask your mechanic if he has it ..or go to peugeot directly ... If they start to say that your car didn't had trip computer, you say this : no, no, it had, just stopped working, don't know why, they will try to find out in the BSI :P
2000/May 406 Estate 2.0 HDI 110bhp DW10ATED now with 205k km & now with cruise control & now remaped @ 134bhp :lol: