Ventilation blower fan has packed up

Talk about the 406's electrical system, what wires do what, how to add extra functionality, etc.

Moderator: Moderators

Davva2004
2.0 16v
Location: Stood beside my 406 with a sledgehammer, cursing everything French

Post by Davva2004 »

colinmazu wrote:My W reg 406 2.0 HDi has just started doing this too. Sometimes the blower runs untill you start the engine, then it doesn't. I have noticed that if you bash the stearing wheel cowling on the underneath, it starts to work again.

I think mine must have a loose connection or summut there, haven't had a chance to have a look at it yet though.

Cheers

Col
I've also found that kicking the panel under the steering wheel makes my fan work, which is excellent... I have an excuse to kick my 406 on a daily basis now!!!!
[email protected]
Niz406 wrote::arrowu: Winner of the 2007 New Years Competition :cheesy:
martnbev

new 406 car with new problems

Post by martnbev »

Hi all, we are newbies on this forum, we are mart & Bev and have just baught a peugeot 406 1997, but the fans have gave up on it, ... the LCD screen is dark and can hardly read it ... and when we press one of the buttons for the fans to work or air con .. there just seem to be a quiet whine sound but no blower works, ... i assume its probably the motor under the glove compartment there is a socket with 2 wires which looks like a green wire and a white wire with a red wire to the motor coming out of it and the socket looks as if its been smoldered abit, ... does anyone know if the motor can be tested or not if so how ? ... as i dont want to buy a motor if its something else, .. when we are driving sometimes air comes out of the fans on the dashboard slowly and its hot air ... automatically, ... this is the first time we have had a peugeot, i'm starting to wonder maybe we should have got a tandum bike instead, lol .
also theres a rubbing sound coming from one of the wheels , the faster we go the faster the rub ... rub ... rub sounds, ... and sometimes when i brake or just ease of the accelorater i get a loud crack or bang noise, any ideas as to what any of these are ?
thanks for any info.
apart from all this the car ain't so bad. :cheesy: