central locking problem

Talk about the 406's electrical system, what wires do what, how to add extra functionality, etc.

Moderator: Moderators

trishacar
1.6 8v

central locking problem

Post by trishacar »

Hi guys

Well it seems I have yet another problem with my 406, in addition to my blowers not working, now it seems my central locking has decided to pack up as well. Was wondering if anyone could help? or give me any ideas as to what it might be!

It seems that every time I try to lock the doors on my 1998 2.0l glx 406, using the key (the remote locking doesnt work) they instantly pop back up again leaving my car very much unsecured.

Have tried using WD40 in both the front door locks and it has made absolutely no difference what so ever. beginning to reach the end of my tether as I cant go anywhere!!!!!

if someone could give me an idea of what this is and whether i can fix it cheaply, i'd be really grateful :lol:

thanks for any help and advice guys (and girls)

Ryan
jasper5
3.0 24v

Re: central locking problem

Post by jasper5 »

If you can take the door cards off, spray WD40 up into the locking mechanism, behind where the latch comes from inside the door.
Make sure all of the moving parts on the locking system inside the door are moving feely.
If something is holding the mechanism in a not quite fully locked position the doors will not lock properly ( the door giving the impression it isn't locked therefore popping the locks back off).
Gary406
The moderator with a 1.9TD!

Post by Gary406 »

ye as jasper said if sumthing is sticking then all doors will flick open auto

if one of my doors are not closed properly all 4 doors auto open straight after you lock them, i think its a sort of warning to tell you sumthing is wrong
2004 (04) Volkswagen Bora 1.9 TDi (100)
Archangel
2.0 Turbo

Post by Archangel »

yes if a door not closiong properly then locks wont work , check doors close properly first
Replacement !
1998 2.1 TD LX Estate Red 196,000 TURBO DIESEL XUD11BTE "Alice " 200 k just hit yesterday 17/2/2012 not bio yet , smooth box , lovely runner

1997 1.9 TD GLX Estate Black XUD9TE " Norma " now sold
FarmerPug
2.0 HDI 110

Post by FarmerPug »

even the bonnet being open triggers this feature.