Sat Nav CDs

Talk about the 406's electrical system, what wires do what, how to add extra functionality, etc.

Moderator: Moderators

dysonco

Sat Nav CDs

Post by dysonco »

Hi All,

Just joined, so hey to all (waves....) and wondered if anyone else has balked at paying ?150 for an updated Cd for the Sat nav in your 406?

Does seem a little excessive, I was also looking at getting the europe wide package as well, as I do drive there a reasonable amount, but thats coming up to ?300. It does seem a little excessive to me, surely its possible to just copy someone elses cd? Or is that illegal...

Is there a cheaper place to get these discs?

Any help appreciated,

My current disc is dated 2001-2002
Davva2004
2.0 16v
Location: Stood beside my 406 with a sledgehammer, cursing everything French

Post by Davva2004 »

To be honest, for the price of the european disk you could get a whole standalone satnav system including maps that would be a lot better than the inbuilt system in the 406.
[email protected]
Niz406 wrote::arrowu: Winner of the 2007 New Years Competition :cheesy:
dysonco

Post by dysonco »

The system in the 406 not well rated then? Just got mine so haven't really played with it much. Would a tomtom be a better purchase?

Its just a shame it wouldn't be as well integrated (muting stereo for directions etc) as the in built one.
axl
1.6 8v

Post by axl »

you can copy them "for evaluation " :)

but still a bit risky, because the system is very sensitive to faults on the disks
(small scratches, dust fingerprints etc)

if you know how the binary system works i can post them in one of the groups.

axl
dysonco

Post by dysonco »

Hi Axl,

I may well want to "evaluate" :cheesy:

If ya willing to...
MaDc0w
2.0 16v

Post by MaDc0w »

I added my own nav (VDO Dayton) and *cough*borrow*cough* my friends BMW CDs which work perfectly in it. :cheesy:
Welton wrote:Couldn't help it........... at first it was the picture of the 2 tone grey 406........and then later the monitor just got sprayed
406OC Image Support
dysonco

Post by dysonco »

Hi All,

Well going from the packaging that the disk came in for my system it seems to be a Siemens VDO with maps from navtech (2001-2002).

Now if anyone were willing to post a link to an iso image of the disks or send me evaluation copies of more recent maps so i can "coughs" decide whether to buy the newer maps or go for a new satnav system like tomtom I'd be most appreciative.

:D

Thanks for replies :cheesy:
DaiRees
Site Admin

Post by DaiRees »

dysonco wrote:Hi All,

Well going from the packaging that the disk came in for my system it seems to be a Siemens VDO with maps from navtech (2001-2002).
Yeah that's the same one I've got 2001-2 UK & Ireland....
dysonco wrote: Now if anyone were willing to post a link to an iso image of the disks or send me evaluation copies of more recent maps so i can "coughs" decide whether to buy the newer maps or go for a new satnav system like tomtom I'd be most appreciative.
So I've got to agree with everything said here :cheesy: :wink:
Playtime_Fontayne wrote:"Dai Rees Supplier of Fine Automobilia. Established 2007"
axl
1.6 8v

Post by axl »

ok i ll start posting sunday night in the binaries the whole of europe all 2005/2006

only uk/ireland is 2004/2005

make sure you have your engine running when you insert on of the cd's since theirs also firmware on the cd's, so when the car gets to eco mode while loading you can trow away the navigation!

all ofcourse at own risk :)

info will follow

axl

holland and germany
filename: "hollandgermany"
NZB: http://members.lycos.nl/peugeotdata/hollandgermany.nzb
alt.binaries.x
51files incl 20% par2 files
ISO image
uploading ready
axl
1.6 8v

Post by axl »

uk and spain
"ukspain"
39 files incl par2
alt.binaries.x
NZB:http://members.lycos.nl/peugeotdata/ukspain.nzb

axl
dysonco

Post by dysonco »

Hi Axl,

Many thanks for that, been away, hence no reply, do you mind reccomending a windows client for downlaoding stuff? I'm familiar with torrent etc but not nzb.

Ta very,

Dysonco