fuse layout

Talk about the 406's electrical system, what wires do what, how to add extra functionality, etc.

Moderator: Moderators

stevieboy

fuse layout

Post by stevieboy »

Hi newbie here,
I have a '96 1.9 lx .td and the cicar lighter's not working. I went to check fuse and it doesn't match with handbook or Haynes manual. According to books it should be a 10A fuse in No1/1a point but I have a black fuse with the letters SH in this spot. I'm guessing this is the shunt fuse that should be between 8 and 23. No8 has a 30A fuse in it and No23 has a 10A. I don't want to start moving fuses as I know nothing about the electrics and don't want to mess anything up. Only had the car a week so have no idea about any thing that's been done by previous owners. Car seems to be running Ok apart from some niggly problems. (can't read milometer/tripometer unless lights are on, speedo doesn't go above 39mph, rev counter doesn't go above 2000rpm and temp guage hardly moves). Could somebody give me some advice please?
mjb
Site Admin

Re: fuse layout

Post by mjb »

Hi. Can you take a photo for us please? Peugeot have a bit of a history of sometimes doing the fusebox a bit differently - mine's actually sort of upside down... :shock:
<steve_earwig> I think this forum is more about keeping our cars going with minimal outlay than giving our cars more reason to go bang
stevieboy

Post by stevieboy »

Sorry about delay in photo. Tried to take some today but they're blurred. will try again. took lighter out today and there was no electric supply to it. on looking at wires under centre console i noticed some wires had melted insulation so i guess this is why it was disconected (heat from lighter causing melting). i'll forget about getting it working (don't need it anyway, packed ciggies up 3 weeks ago). will try and download photos asap.
stevieboy

Post by stevieboy »

can't get photo to attatch. any ideas how to?
stevieboy

Post by stevieboy »

Hopefully have sussed photo's out.Image
stevieboy

Post by stevieboy »

No probs folks. Obviously no one wants to help so i'll be off. Byeee
stevieboy

Post by stevieboy »

Is there anybody out there?
mjb
Site Admin

Post by mjb »

stevieboy wrote:Is there anybody out there?
Patience is a virtue. Some of us have lives outside this forum, and some of us were lying in bed watching whatever DVDs were to hand with a stinking great hangover...

Here's what the fusebox probably should look like (taken from my old D8 exec, so some of the fuses may be rated higher than yours need to be):

It looks like someone's done a right botch job on yours.
<steve_earwig> I think this forum is more about keeping our cars going with minimal outlay than giving our cars more reason to go bang