Anyone can list all activable BSI features?

Talk about the 406's electrical system, what wires do what, how to add extra functionality, etc.

Moderator: Moderators

OdinEidolon
3.0 24v

Re: Anyone can list all activable BSI features?

Post by OdinEidolon »

RayneR wrote:
OdinEidolon wrote:well the multiplex probably makes a hell of a difference between BSIs too.
I don't think that it will have that much of a difference specially the half-plexed ones ... apart having more cables ( half plex )
wait, could you please identify half-plexing? I know how to see multiplex of course, but half plexing is only a matter of build date?
2001 2.2HDi saloon Executive (not the English exec, worse!) in Obsidian Black. Semi-Mux D9, build code 8761
Want a remap? Contact us, learn to do it yourself on ecuedit.com or let the professionals of editecu.com do it for you!

ecuedit.com | carecus.com | editecu.com | boschecus.com | carsrubber.com | egrswitch.com | car-specification.com
RayneR
3.0 24v

Post by RayneR »

I don't want to push my acknowledgement, because some stuff i just read from sites ... but i think for example my instrument panel is only one plug ( which the non plexed ones have two plugs i think ), but in the end is not fully multiplexed like the ones that got manufactured with COM2000 stalk and beyond ...
2000/May 406 Estate 2.0 HDI 110bhp DW10ATED now with 205k km & now with cruise control & now remaped @ 134bhp :lol:
OdinEidolon
3.0 24v

Post by OdinEidolon »

RayneR wrote:I don't want to push my acknowledgement, because some stuff i just read from sites ... but i think for example my instrument panel is only one plug ( which the non plexed ones have two plugs i think ), but in the end is not fully multiplexed like the ones that got manufactured with COM2000 stalk and beyond ...
Servicebox doesn't help identifying half-multiplex. It's not important, I was just curious.
2001 2.2HDi saloon Executive (not the English exec, worse!) in Obsidian Black. Semi-Mux D9, build code 8761
Want a remap? Contact us, learn to do it yourself on ecuedit.com or let the professionals of editecu.com do it for you!

ecuedit.com | carecus.com | editecu.com | boschecus.com | carsrubber.com | egrswitch.com | car-specification.com
leehdi
2.0 16v

Post by leehdi »

How can you have half-multiplexing? :shock:

Its either normal wiring, CAN-VAN or CAN-CAN

The BSI has a hell of a lot of difference between the different versions. The more complex the wiring the more sensitive it becomes. The amount that fry their BSI due to just going all guns blazing with regards to electrical mod or just simply taking the battery off without softbooting the BSI is unreal.

Even if you do have a CAN-VAN BSI one for example, a 2002 model might not be able to update to the software of a 2006 due to the parameters in the BSI and also the eeprom capabilities. In addition the different levels and requirements needed that that BSI needs to control in the car
OdinEidolon
3.0 24v

Post by OdinEidolon »

leehdi wrote:How can you have half-multiplexing? :shock:

The BSI has a hell of a lot of difference between the different versions. The more complex the wiring the more sensitive it becomes. The amount that fry their BSI due to just going all guns blazing with regards to electrical mod or just simply taking the battery off without softbooting the BSI is unreal.

Even if you do have a CAN-VAN BSI one for example, a 2002 model might not be able to update to the software of a 2006 due to the parameters in the BSI and also the eeprom capabilities. In addition the different levels and requirements needed that that BSI needs to control in the car
I guess Peugeot technicians know their stuff, that's why the charge 1 hour work for a BSI upgrade?

RayneR
3.0 24v

Post by RayneR »

OdinEidolon wrote:
leehdi wrote:How can you have half-multiplexing? :shock:

OdinEidolon wrote: I guess Peugeot technicians know their stuff, that's why the charge 1 hour work for a BSI upgrade?
Yes, and mine is CAN-VAN ( which i assume it's half multiplex, since the full multiplex its CAN-CAN i suppose ? ), i didn't said otherwise... yes it can be different, but not that much...since it's the same car with same sh*t like i said before... :mrgreen:
OdinEidolon wrote: I guess Peugeot technicians know their stuff, that's why the charge 1 hour work for a BSI upgrade?
:arrowu: And leehdi, here is the rest of my reply :arrowu:
2000/May 406 Estate 2.0 HDI 110bhp DW10ATED now with 205k km & now with cruise control & now remaped @ 134bhp :lol:
leehdi
2.0 16v

Post by leehdi »

CAN-VAN is the original/early version, then CAN-CAN on the newer stuff like 308,207, 407, etc

CAN network is a lot faster, its used on the 406 for things like ABS, ESP, Airbags etc. VAN is slightly slower so is used for things like the Radio, Alarm, Lighting, etc

Peugeot charge 1 hours labour because they can. To change settings in the BSI literally takes about 10 mins.

It's like key coding, they charge £150 i think it is now? Take 5 minutes literally, than that includes the 2 minutes needed to resync the fobs.
Doggy
Mod with a 2.2 HDi, De-Fapped!

Post by Doggy »

Lee,

Does the presence of a COM2000 mean it's a CAN-CAN system, or can it still be either?
2002 HDi 2.2 Exec Estate, (2008-12) (wonderful)
2003 HDi 2.2 6-speed Exec Estate (2012-19) (also a gem)
2009 Citroen C5 2.0 HDi VTR+ Estate (godawful heap)
2008 BMW E91 330i touring (great fun - murdered by a reversing SUV)
2007 BMW E91 325i touring (slower smoother quieter)
leehdi
2.0 16v

Post by leehdi »

Will be CAN-VAN on a 406

Whats your chassis number, I'll look it up if you want.
Doggy
Mod with a 2.2 HDi, De-Fapped!

Post by Doggy »

leehdi wrote:Will be CAN-VAN on a 406

Whats your chassis number, I'll look it up if you want.
VF38E4HXF81545287 Much obliged. 8)
2002 HDi 2.2 Exec Estate, (2008-12) (wonderful)
2003 HDi 2.2 6-speed Exec Estate (2012-19) (also a gem)
2009 Citroen C5 2.0 HDi VTR+ Estate (godawful heap)
2008 BMW E91 330i touring (great fun - murdered by a reversing SUV)
2007 BMW E91 325i touring (slower smoother quieter)
steve_earwig
Location: Jastrebarsko, Croatia http://www.jastrebarsko.hr/lokacija/

Post by steve_earwig »

Where would you be looking this up Lee? Btw your webside says "delete me" :shock:

Ooh, another vin to add to my collection :twisted:
Unskilled meddling sin©e 2007

The submitted form was invalid. Try submitting again.
RayneR
3.0 24v

Post by RayneR »

steve_earwig wrote:Where would you be looking this up Lee? Btw your webside says "delete me" :shock:

Why everyone get so strange when people shows their VIN ?

What can you do with it ? pop corn maybe ?
steve_earwig
Location: Jastrebarsko, Croatia http://www.jastrebarsko.hr/lokacija/

Post by steve_earwig »

There is the (slight) possibility that someone could use it to "ring" your car and land you with all sorts of traffic violation fines. It seems unlikely but it's probably better to be safe an' all that. They'll just have to read the number at the bottom of the windscreen instead.
Unskilled meddling sin©e 2007

The submitted form was invalid. Try submitting again.
leehdi
2.0 16v

Post by leehdi »

I have dealer database :)

People are so over cautious about giving vin number out, anybody could get them tho simple by walking next to your car. Can hardly be hidden.

I'll draw up the info on your car now :)
leehdi
2.0 16v

Post by leehdi »

steve_earwig wrote:Where would you be looking this up Lee? Btw your webside says "delete me" :shock:

My website is screwed up thanks to iclickster hosting :evil: