Anyone can list all activable BSI features?

Talk about the 406's electrical system, what wires do what, how to add extra functionality, etc.

Moderator: Moderators

OdinEidolon
3.0 24v

Re: Anyone can list all activable BSI features?

Post by OdinEidolon »

FarmerPug wrote:i said i turned off the key in ignition buzzer its back on after i programmed the sat nav to work but ill take pics when i come to turn it off again.
one great option would be if it could set all the windows to shut if you hold the lock button in.
You can do it automagically, you need 30£ of stuff from ebay. There's a thread in the coupé forums about it.
2001 2.2HDi saloon Executive (not the English exec, worse!) in Obsidian Black. Semi-Mux D9, build code 8761
Want a remap? Contact us, learn to do it yourself on ecuedit.com or let the professionals of editecu.com do it for you!

ecuedit.com | carecus.com | editecu.com | boschecus.com | carsrubber.com | egrswitch.com | car-specification.com
steve_earwig
Location: Jastrebarsko, Croatia http://www.jastrebarsko.hr/lokacija/

Post by steve_earwig »

I was reading the total closure stuff (they pinched it off the French coupé club btw.) Looks like a right royal pullover to save you a few second's work.
STALLED wrote:I wonder what happens if you activate the "Automatic Gearbox" function....? :P
Simples, the engine ecu would look for an automatic transmission and have a bad hair day when it didn't find it.
RayneR wrote:
FarmerPug wrote:i said i turned off the key in ignition buzzer its back on after i programmed the sat nav to work but ill take pics when i come to turn it off again.
one great option would be if it could set all the windows to shut if you hold the lock button in.
i do reckon that it may very well have that options on your 406 since its from 2002 and mine is from 2000
From what I read yours is more likely to have it.

I'd think there'd be a lot of differences (read that as far fewer options) between a 2000 (i.e. partly multiplex) car and a 2002 (fully multihexed) car.
Unskilled meddling sin©e 2007

The submitted form was invalid. Try submitting again.
FarmerPug
2.0 HDI 110

Post by FarmerPug »

for once this multiplex malarchy isnt so bad :cheesy:
OdinEidolon
3.0 24v

Post by OdinEidolon »

by the way it's strange that on RayneR's screenshot there isn't the key in buzzer option.
2001 2.2HDi saloon Executive (not the English exec, worse!) in Obsidian Black. Semi-Mux D9, build code 8761
Want a remap? Contact us, learn to do it yourself on ecuedit.com or let the professionals of editecu.com do it for you!

ecuedit.com | carecus.com | editecu.com | boschecus.com | carsrubber.com | egrswitch.com | car-specification.com
RayneR
3.0 24v

Post by RayneR »

OdinEidolon wrote:by the way it's strange that on RayneR's screenshot there isn't the key in buzzer option.
from what i could search with PP2000 i couldn't find anything related to that ...

what i do mess with, was the " function survitess " that shows on that list, with that i got a buzzing when i get up to 120 km/h.

I think this have to be programmed into the display too, because it is in there too, this way we can configure on the display the speed at which " the car warn us " ( with that annoying buzzing )..

Read somewhere that this is somehow related to the Cruise control ... i was in the try of activating it, but i guess the activation part is on the Engine ECU ONLY, since it was confirmed to me by a garage and they could do it, they work with BOSH services, but sadly i can't enter with the lexia clone :cry: , the damn thing doesn't work with the EDC15C2 ( hence some ebay dealers referring that it will not work with peugeot 307 ) ...
2000/May 406 Estate 2.0 HDI 110bhp DW10ATED now with 205k km & now with cruise control & now remaped @ 134bhp :lol:
OdinEidolon
3.0 24v

Post by OdinEidolon »

At the end of the summer I'm having a complete service at Peugeot's, I'll see if updating the BSI to the newer version is worth it (40€).
The speed buzzing was active on my father's 2004 C3, but he had a button to activate it and control it. By the way if one has cruise control I honestly don't see what it would be useful to.

FarmerPug
2.0 HDI 110

Post by FarmerPug »

were on about the overspeed warning?
i cant get it to work on my car, but im not overly fussed, its not as if its some sort of eco driving aid that helps you know when to change up. A gearshift indicator would be a good thing my friends golf has it and it does seem quite handy and not irritating just a wee arrow on the mfd pointing up or down with the current gear displayed.
OdinEidolon
3.0 24v

Post by OdinEidolon »

FarmerPug wrote:were on about the overspeed warning?
i cant get it to work on my car, but im not overly fussed, its not as if its some sort of eco driving aid that helps you know when to change up. A gearshift indicator would be a good thing my friends golf has it and it does seem quite handy and not irritating just a wee arrow on the mfd pointing up or down with the current gear displayed.
yep.
The change gear stuff is pretty nice but honestly I do not think it can be done, cars from that age did not have it. I honestly wouldn't trust the ECU about it since it thinks I do 24km/l on average, when I actually do 18km/l. If the ECU's wrong on that maybe it could be wrong on gearchanges too.
What I am after is disabling the key in buzzer, activating electric windows after poweroff for a minute, auto locking at xxkm/h, auto closing windows if button kept pressed (I do not think this is possible through the BSI), MFD thinkering (adding type C?) etc.

FarmerPug
2.0 HDI 110

Post by FarmerPug »

OdinEidolon wrote: The change gear stuff is pretty nice but honestly I do not think it can be done, cars from that age did not have it. I honestly wouldn't trust the ECU about it since it thinks I do 24km/l on average, when I actually do 18km/l. If the ECU's wrong on that maybe it could be wrong on gearchanges too.
What I am after is disabling the key in buzzer, activating electric windows after poweroff for a minute, auto locking at xxkm/h, auto closing windows if button kept pressed (I do not think this is possible through the BSI), MFD thinkering (adding type C?) etc.
I mind watching the gadget show, there was some sat nav, a garmin it had a obd connector with bluetooth, and it streamed information to the garmin and then it would tell you to change gear or accelerate less, which i suppose would end up with a fist in it very quickly :cheesy: .
The electric windows after power off is an option ive seen, auto locking i think its there as well although i dont like auto locking because being a peugeot it might be sitting stationary and think its doing 100mph and lock itself with the keys inside.
i think your right about the auto windows, but it does allow you to add a type c display you just need to source one first.
OdinEidolon
3.0 24v

Post by OdinEidolon »

FarmerPug wrote:
OdinEidolon wrote: The change gear stuff is pretty nice but honestly I do not think it can be done, cars from that age did not have it. I honestly wouldn't trust the ECU about it since it thinks I do 24km/l on average, when I actually do 18km/l. If the ECU's wrong on that maybe it could be wrong on gearchanges too.
I mind watching the gadget show, there was some sat nav, a garmin it had a obd connector with bluetooth, and it streamed information to the garmin and then it would tell you to change gear or accelerate less, which i suppose would end up with a fist in it very quickly :cheesy: .
The electric windows after power off is an option ive seen, auto locking i think its there as well although i dont like auto locking because being a peugeot it might be sitting stationary and think its doing 100mph and lock itself with the keys inside.
i think your right about the auto windows, but it does allow you to add a type c display you just need to source one first.
Problem with most direct OBD live readers is that they do not work with French vehicles since they use the propietary EOBD protocol, not the normal OBDII.

RayneR
3.0 24v

Post by RayneR »

OdinEidolon wrote:At the end of the summer I'm having a complete service at Peugeot's, I'll see if updating the BSI to the newer version is worth it (40€).
The speed buzzing was active on my father's 2004 C3, but he had a button to activate it and control it. By the way if one has cruise control I honestly don't see what it would be useful to.
in 406 and some other pugs to control the overspeed settings is with the display and i think with the wiper stalk trip computer button ...( which i couldn't programme into the display since the sh*t clone was always saying faulty programming )

i think your right about the auto windows, but it does allow you to add a type c display you just need to source one first.[/quote]

My friend have a clio from 2000 and it does auto-lock but only when the key is far from the car ...

This is very useful ...i forget to lock my 406 a few times ....
2000/May 406 Estate 2.0 HDI 110bhp DW10ATED now with 205k km & now with cruise control & now remaped @ 134bhp :lol:
leehdi
2.0 16v

Post by leehdi »

Not all BSI's have the same features, depends on the level and software version you have. You'll not know what functions you have until you personally look at the settings.
RayneR
3.0 24v

Post by RayneR »

leehdi wrote:Not all BSI's have the same features, depends on the level and software version you have. You'll not know what functions you have until you personally look at the settings.
i think the BSI's are all the same but with the software changed, like the newer 406, have a new revision of the software, so it will certainly have things that previously versions didn't ... which i assume that if i update my BSI it can lead with some faults because mine is PRE-COM2000 and newer is COM2000 i just start with that, but after thinking not much have changed apart from that...
OdinEidolon
3.0 24v

Post by OdinEidolon »

well the multiplex probably makes a hell of a difference between BSIs too.

RayneR
3.0 24v

Post by RayneR »

OdinEidolon wrote:well the multiplex probably makes a hell of a difference between BSIs too.
I don't think that it will have that much of a difference specially the half-plexed ones ... apart having more cables ( half plex )