Preparing stuff for a little Service

It's inevitable, resistance is futile!
Doggy
Mod with a 2.2 HDi, De-Fapped!

Re: Preparing stuff for a little Service

Post by Doggy »

mjb wrote:.....or £180 from eurocarparts
s'pose everyone knows carpartsforless is the same outfit, but cheaper? [/2p worth]
2002 HDi 2.2 Exec Estate, (2008-12) (wonderful)
2003 HDi 2.2 6-speed Exec Estate (2012-19) (also a gem)
2009 Citroen C5 2.0 HDi VTR+ Estate (godawful heap)
2008 BMW E91 330i touring (great fun - murdered by a reversing SUV)
2007 BMW E91 325i touring (slower smoother quieter)
GingerMagic
3.0 24v

Post by GingerMagic »

Hi, just checked out that oil website too.

Fuchs TITAN XTR 5w-30 is less than £30 delivered, so its either this or the Ford oil that Sam recommends when mine is due a service ( 6 weeks or so )

Thanks to all for the heads up, will get some before I forget and have to go to the place that employs spanners......!!
2003 2.2hdi estate - mine
1998 Volvo 940 auto estate - also mine
2019 Citroen C3 something - the wife's
PP2000 user, can help with faults / diagnostics in the Bournemouth area.
mjb
Site Admin

Post by mjb »

Doggy wrote:
mjb wrote:.....or £180 from eurocarparts
s'pose everyone knows carpartsforless is the same outfit, but cheaper? [/2p worth]
No I didn't, but both sites are showing exactly the same prices for me
<steve_earwig> I think this forum is more about keeping our cars going with minimal outlay than giving our cars more reason to go bang
scotty73
3.0 24v

Post by scotty73 »

Welly wrote:I've just had a bit of luck, while placing the order for the Fuchs stuff I cheekily asked if I could use a discount code........

I got one and it saved me 25% :shock:

I'm now 'up' at least £45.00 and I've got probably the best oil money can buy :mrgreen:
For anyone interested that offer ran out end of May but there's a June one running now 25% off the code is "June25"

I know because I'm only now getting around to ordering mine... So had to google a new code. :supafrisk:
2000 W 2.0hdi 110 7 seat estate Blue.

And this glue is for my submarine not for putting up you're f*c*ing noses, and dont think i dont notice cos i do... Buy your own f*c*ing glue!!! Fatty Lewis Twin town 1997.
dirtydirtydiesel
3.0 24v

Post by dirtydirtydiesel »

steve_earwig wrote:I can't be bother to go look what it is but the Yoyo's meant to have something expensive in it, however my buddy Goran in the car spares shop does me cheaper stuff, same grade and everything, for about 30 quid for 5 litres. And it certainly doesn't get the platinum plugs it's meant to have. Piece of crap's lucky to get anything :evil:

I was out with him yesterday, delivering some brake disks up in Svete Jana, and we drove past the mechanic that did my d8's clutch. I didn't know Goran then but apparently the guy has a reputation for taking the nice, expensive oil that you've given him to fill up your pride and joy with, selling it, and filling it up with the cheap stuff he buys by the barrel instead. Oh, and fitting reconditioned clutches but charging for new ones... :shock:

I suppose there's only one way to be sure what you buy goes into your car, and that's to do it yourself. Or do what I do: hang around watching but try not to get in the way. Also hold the light, look stuff up on the internet, calibrate the balancing machine, pay for coffee, hold the fort, lend a helping hand... :supafrisk:
That steve is exactly why I do all my own work, :wink: only trouble is it keeps on mounting up & there's never enough hours in the day :lol:
P.S 6 weeks ago I bought 10 ltrs of TOTAL Quartz Diesel 9000 5w 40 for £36.00 del to my door, gotta luv ebay :mrgreen:
2002 110 HDi estate, Rapier in monaco blue! ( found quite a bit more power :cheesy: ) SOLD I've sorted the airbag light :cheesy:
1998 3.0 V6 SE coupe in Diablo Red ( my baby ) sold
2006 206 1.4 16v sport in Aegean blue ( wife's shopping trolley :roll: )

2006 BMW e61 535d m-sport :supafrisk: run's for cover :lol: