I have a boot light!

It's inevitable, resistance is futile!
DaiRees
Site Admin

I have a boot light!

Post by DaiRees »

A couple of months ago, while looking for stuff in the boot in the dark, I realised that the Volvo didn't appear to have a light in there. Had a quick look around the side liners of the cargo area (where the light is on both the 406 estate and the focus, but couldn't find it so just figured it didn't have one.... :? You know it's one of those thinks that doesn't demand too much thinking about :oops:

Then I was driving along on Tuesday (380 mile round trip, spent 7 hours in the car :roll: ), looked in the mirror and noticed a roof light right at the back, never noticed it before. So yesterday I opened the boot and pulled the light fitting out of the headlining only to find that it had been unplugged. Pushed the plug back in and hey presto, let there be light! 8)

Apparently it's common practice for dealers to do this (or remove the bulb altogether) so that they don't run the battery down when they leave the tailgage open on the garage forecourt / showroom.

Never mind eh, only took me 7 months to notice :oops: :lol: :lol:
Playtime_Fontayne wrote:"Dai Rees Supplier of Fine Automobilia. Established 2007"
steve_earwig
Location: Jastrebarsko, Croatia http://www.jastrebarsko.hr/lokacija/

Re: I have a boot light!

Post by steve_earwig »

Wot, no economy mode? Even the yoyo has it so I thought it was fairly normal these days. Or were the dealers ignorant of its existence?

The yoyo also has the light for the back in the roof, so the parcel shelf blocks out most of the light. Or it would have done had I not already removed it as it's a worthless piece of crap.
Unskilled meddling sin©e 2007

The submitted form was invalid. Try submitting again.
Welly
The moderator formally known as Welton

Post by Welly »

Dai :roll: :wink:

I don't believe the Volvo has economy mode? I've never seen it on mine.

The Volvo's are quite simple really they don't have many fancy buttons (too distracting maybe? :roll: ).
Cars in my care:
2021 Kia Spottage 1.6 Pez Turbo Dual Clutch Gearbox Trickery
2013 Renner Twingo - donkey work
scotty73
3.0 24v

Post by scotty73 »

I'm surprised he can see anything in the mirror with that Dai cap on.... I'm sure he was wearing it yesterday when i passed him.... Was it happy St Dai cap day Dai? :lol: :lol:
2000 W 2.0hdi 110 7 seat estate Blue.

And this glue is for my submarine not for putting up you're f*c*ing noses, and dont think i dont notice cos i do... Buy your own f*c*ing glue!!! Fatty Lewis Twin town 1997.
DaiRees
Site Admin

Post by DaiRees »

Haha, didn't have it on yesterday Scott (by the way I've bought another one now ;) ), but the car is so dirty at the moment I'm amazed that you could see me at all!
Playtime_Fontayne wrote:"Dai Rees Supplier of Fine Automobilia. Established 2007"
scotty73
3.0 24v

Post by scotty73 »

DaiRees wrote:Haha, didn't have it on yesterday Scott (by the way I've bought another one now ;) ), but the car is so dirty at the moment I'm amazed that you could see me at all!
Dude i got the pressure washer out last week the wife thought i left it in the kitchen because my backs to f*cked to take it out the shed but i knew I'd be needing it soon this salt is beyond my cars filthy too.

I was certain you had the cap on too. :lol:

And this glue is for my submarine not for putting up you're f*c*ing noses, and dont think i dont notice cos i do... Buy your own f*c*ing glue!!! Fatty Lewis Twin town 1997.
DaiRees
Site Admin

Post by DaiRees »

Managed to go the whole weekend without getting the bucket out, it's bloody cold out there! Plus I had better things to do, like concert Friday night, rugby Saturday and a nice day out with the family yesterday. Need a week to get over the weekend!

So the car's still filthy! :lol: :oops:
scotty73
3.0 24v

Post by scotty73 »

DaiRees wrote:Managed to go the whole weekend without getting the bucket out, it's bloody cold out there! Plus I had better things to do, like concert Friday night, rugby Saturday and a nice day out with the family yesterday. Need a week to get over the weekend!

So the car's still filthy! :lol: :oops:
I'm testing my new trailer out with some skip runs today then i need to pressure wash a space for it to live then my roof box can come off the car and live on top of it so the pressure washer will be out for that today then again tomorrow (if i don't kill myself today) :lol: for the car to have a good clean.... today and tomoz being the only two decent days in the week so if your passing text me and we might aswell wash yours too.

^^^ phew that was a long winded offer I'm to busy for that kind o shite. :lol:

DaiRees
Site Admin

Post by DaiRees »

Cheers for the offer mate. I managed to sneak off half hour early and give it a wash today. 8)