My new mowtah

It's inevitable, resistance is futile!
steve_earwig
Location: Jastrebarsko, Croatia http://www.jastrebarsko.hr/lokacija/

Re: My new mowtah

Post by steve_earwig »

DaiRees wrote:...was wondering whether I should be trying to push it back out a bit before painting.
Where's that Father Ted vid? What they said :arrowu: you'll never do much with it as the metal is stretched and the rest of the car is too nice for you to try fixing it yourself, I know they can fix hail damage and that's something very similar. Or dob some paint into it and leave it alone...

Coincidently, I washed the yoyo yesterday. Just roughly and mainly the windscreen - all the better to video you through :twisted:
Unskilled meddling sin©e 2007

The submitted form was invalid. Try submitting again.
scotty73
3.0 24v

Post by scotty73 »

steve_earwig wrote:
DaiRees wrote: Coincidently, I washed the yoyo yesterday. Just roughly and mainly the windscreen - all the better to video you through :twisted:
Comes to something when putting your wipers on is classed as washing your car. :lol: :lol:
2000 W 2.0hdi 110 7 seat estate Blue.

And this glue is for my submarine not for putting up you're f*c*ing noses, and dont think i dont notice cos i do... Buy your own f*c*ing glue!!! Fatty Lewis Twin town 1997.
Captain Jack
3.0 24v

Post by Captain Jack »

scotty73 wrote:
steve_earwig wrote:
DaiRees wrote: Coincidently, I washed the yoyo yesterday. Just roughly and mainly the windscreen - all the better to video you through :twisted:
Comes to something when putting your wipers on is classed as washing your car. :lol: :lol:
In that case, I washed mine this morning too! Also, the headlamps....
2003 - 2008: 1998 Peugeot 406 2.1 TD 110bhp LX Saloon
2008 - 2009: 2004 Honda Accord 2.2 CDTI 136bhp Executive Saloon
2009 - 2013: 2002 Peugeot 406 2.0 HDI 110bhp Executive Saloon
2013 - 2021: 2007 Peugeot 407 2.2 HDI 170bhp Executive Saloon (mapped to 213bhp :twisted:)
2021 - ????: 2016 Ford Mondeo 2.0 TDCi 180bhp Titanium
DaiRees
Site Admin

Post by DaiRees »

Thanks for the answers guys, and the piss taking :lol:

I'm always a bit reluctant to start shelling out for stone chips, but I think on this occasion you lot might be right. If it wasn't dented I'd just blob some touch up paint on it :supafrisk:

Thanks for the link Scotty :wink: I'll make some enquiries.
Playtime_Fontayne wrote:"Dai Rees Supplier of Fine Automobilia. Established 2007"
Sonia406
3.0 24v

Post by Sonia406 »

DaiRees wrote:Thanks for the answers guys, and the piss taking :lol:

Just typical of those guys... I wouldn't do such a thing :D I'm a good girl :lol:
Good luck with the car .... :)
'Miss Pug' Peugeot 406 2.0 16v Petrol 'Family' Estate.
6th December 2011 - November 2014
24th January 2017 - Current (I bought her back!)
DaiRees
Site Admin

Post by DaiRees »

Some bastard has doored me!! :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

Every time I park my car I look for spaces that are "low risk", not just this car, I've always done it, but you have to have a bit of trust occasionally that no ignorant or malicious tossers are going to park next to you. It makes me really angry that I've worked my tits off and saved for years to buy something nice and then others think it's OK to mistreat it. I just wish people would have a bit of respect for other people's property!

Have you ever tried taking a photo of a small dent :oops: Look at the reflection of the white door step....

I've T-cut the scratch marks off it and it's only about the size of a 5p but it's right on the curve where it catches my eye every time I look at the car. Another one of those "is it worth paying £50 to have it fixed only for some other knob to dent it again" dents....

I''m really pissed off! :x
Playtime_Fontayne wrote:"Dai Rees Supplier of Fine Automobilia. Established 2007"
Captain Jack
3.0 24v

Post by Captain Jack »

Tell me about it. My car is 11 years old now but the number of doors ending up on the each side of it is increasing weekly. I fear washing the car in case I discover even more dings. And not because I am lazy :P

People don't give a sh!t - it's a fact. Sadly.

:evil:
2003 - 2008: 1998 Peugeot 406 2.1 TD 110bhp LX Saloon
2008 - 2009: 2004 Honda Accord 2.2 CDTI 136bhp Executive Saloon
2009 - 2013: 2002 Peugeot 406 2.0 HDI 110bhp Executive Saloon
2013 - 2021: 2007 Peugeot 407 2.2 HDI 170bhp Executive Saloon (mapped to 213bhp :twisted:)
2021 - ????: 2016 Ford Mondeo 2.0 TDCi 180bhp Titanium
Welly
The moderator formally known as Welton

Post by Welly »

Oh no! :x

Sorry mate, what a pisser. I'd definitely get it smart-repaired (and the bullet hole from the other week) otherwise it will annoy you too much.

I had to park in a Tesco's with my mother last weekend and thought I'd better not do my usual trick and park in the next district so ended up parking next to another car :shock: :shock:

It got too much for me to bear so I made up I'd left something in the car and moved it to another place I spotted :supafrisk:
Cars in my care:
2021 Kia Spottage 1.6 Pez Turbo Dual Clutch Gearbox Trickery
2013 Renner Twingo - donkey work
Sonia406
3.0 24v

Post by Sonia406 »

Welly wrote:Oh no! :x

Sorry mate, what a pisser. I'd definitely get it smart-repaired (and the bullet hole from the other week) otherwise it will annoy you too much.

I had to park in a Tesco's with my mother last weekend and thought I'd better not do my usual trick and park in the next district so ended up parking next to another car :shock: :shock:

It got too much for me to bear so I made up I'd left something in the car and moved it to another place I spotted :supafrisk:

I really feel for you guys and it is now something I will have to do, use budget car parking spaces. :lol:
Until last year I had children with me under 5 years old - and when they visit I can obviously use those spaces... but when it's just me and the boys......... :shock:
My poor car has had some real knocks and scratches since she came to me, the joys of owning a shared drive and wheelie bins being dragged past it :evil:
It didn't help to share a drive, I opened the door and a gust of wind took the door into the house, and wedged it :shock: that caused some damage as you can imagine. :(

I think you should repair it, your eyes will be drawn to it every time and it will pee you off.
waue1978
HDi don't believe it!

Post by waue1978 »

If it's really going to annoy you (& I suspect it will), get it fixed along with the bullet-hole & start doing what I did after I got all the dents popped out of my old 406; I got into the habit of photographing the reg numbers of the car either side of me with my phone(quite blatantly too so that people could see) & then double check when I came back that no new ones have appeared. Was easy for me to check as I always put Jack in on the passenger side rear seat which meant I was nearly always using both sides of the car to see anything new. As far as I'm aware, you could claim for something like this as technically it's damage caused to your property. Never actually had to put that theory into practice, but funnily enough I never picked up any more marks on it.

Well, if you don't count the wobbly old codger who smacked my mirror while passing a parked car!
2000/X Peugeot 406 110 HDi LX Family 93k to 2000/W BMW 530D SE Auto 84k to 2003/03 Peugeot Partner Hdi Escapade 98k to 2003/53 Vauxhall Zafira DTi Elegance 74k

Sonia406
3.0 24v

Post by Sonia406 »

I tell you something for nothing, that's nothing compared to what our silver 405 exec estate had happen whilst I was working. :evil:
I did come across pictures a while ago, it took up the WHOLE back door and big scratches too.
Because I worked a 8 hour shift I couldn't be sure who did it or how, one way or another - we share OUR roads with these f*cking idiots and it really really really pisses me off :evil:

GOD forbid anyone do that to Miss Pug, I will kill them :shock:
As much as it annoyed me with our 405 estate, it wasn't my car so didn't annoy me too much............. :evil:

Not the picture I was looking for but you can see the damage to said door.
Yes, our 405 estate was a real work horse. Funny because I loved driving the 405 estate and always dreamed about one day maybe owning a 406 estate. Well, dreams come true :lol:

DaiRees
Site Admin

Post by DaiRees »

And again!!!!!!

FFS mun!!! What is wrong with people???

Time for a bit of an update methinks. Can't remember whether I told you good folks about what happened to the car while I was on hols last year, briefly searched my old posts but cant find anything about it so may have omitted to tell you, although some of you will have see it at the meets... Something was dropped on the bonnet while the car was parked with Cruise and Passenger Services in Southampton (be careful if you're going to use them, check the car thoroughly before you leave their compound). I'll cut out the details in case you've heard it before, but, blah blah blah, they refused to accept responsibility.

Here's the damage.
Difficult to get a perspective on the size of the dent but it was quite significant :evil:

So I called out a dent man to do the bonnet (the new dent and the original "bullet hole" from above) and the rear left door. 2 panels at £50 each, £100 please sir. I then touched up the chips, not great but much better than it was before!

Looks like I need to call him out again now! :evil: :evil: Sometimes I hate "people" :cry: :cry:
benczuk
3.0 24v

Post by benczuk »

I'd keep your car in a garage and take the bus next April....
2002 HDi 2.2 GTX Estate de-fapped
DaiRees
Site Admin

Post by DaiRees »

benczuk wrote:I'd keep your car in a garage and take the bus next April....
Haha, sounds like a plan. I sometimes do take the bus rather than park in a strange or dodgy place, it comes to something though when you have to do that :roll: . I'm usually very very careful about where I park it, but I just can't think where or when this latest one happened, which makes it even more frustrating.

I know a few people who have nice cars and also run a banger for work / around town etc. I'm beginning to understand why... :cry:
steve_earwig
Location: Jastrebarsko, Croatia http://www.jastrebarsko.hr/lokacija/

Post by steve_earwig »

You wanna buy yourself a nice RAV4 you do... :supafrisk:
Unskilled meddling sin©e 2007

The submitted form was invalid. Try submitting again.