My new mowtah

It's inevitable, resistance is futile!
DaiRees
Site Admin

My new mowtah

Post by DaiRees »

Sorry it's been so long, but I've eventually got 'round to showing my new car a sponge and taking a few pics :cheesy:

She's a 2012 Volvo V70 DRIVe SE Lux in Biarritz Blue with a shed load of optional extras. The "DRIVe" bit indicates that it's got a 1.6l turbo diesel engine, which I'm led to believe is actually a Peugeot unit, so I haven't strayed too far after all :supafrisk: . Was a bit worried about such a small engine in such a big car but actually it's very nice, only 115bhp but 270Nm of torque so it's more than capable of cruising along all day at slightly naughty speeds

She's an ex demonstrator from a main dealer which means she boasts plenty of extras, including the top of the range stereo / sat-nav / dvd etc., adaptive (radar guided) cruise control, heated seats front and rear, privacy glass, and those 18" rims :twisted:

Cavernous boot, took 5 cases, 2 suit bags and all the hand luggage on our recent holiday 8)

Nothing much to see here (other than a cover), move along.... :roll:

Hope you like her folks, I know I do :D 8) . The current plan is to get another 10 years out of her, I'll have my next car for my 50th Birthday... :oops:
Playtime_Fontayne wrote:"Dai Rees Supplier of Fine Automobilia. Established 2007"
scotty73
3.0 24v

Re: My new mowtah

Post by scotty73 »

So do the polish boys call it car detailing aswell then? :roll:

These pics don't do those alloys justice dude. 8)
2000 W 2.0hdi 110 7 seat estate Blue.

And this glue is for my submarine not for putting up you're f*c*ing noses, and dont think i dont notice cos i do... Buy your own f*c*ing glue!!! Fatty Lewis Twin town 1997.
Bailes1992

Post by Bailes1992 »

Dai... cheeky but I couldn't try two of those alloys on my Mondingo could I :oops:

Actually no... Knowing my luck we'd probably drop one or something :supafrisk:
2020 BMW 520d MSport Touring My Daily
2017 Dacia Logan MCV 1.5DCi Laureate Wifes
1996 Land Rover Defender 90 County SW 300TDi My Toy
2003 Ford Mondeo ST220 3.0 V6 My Other Toy
DaiRees
Site Admin

Post by DaiRees »

scotty73 wrote:So do the polish boys call it car detailing aswell then? :roll:
Home washed dude, don't know if I trust the poles to touch this one yet.... :oops:
Playtime_Fontayne wrote:"Dai Rees Supplier of Fine Automobilia. Established 2007"
DaiRees
Site Admin

Post by DaiRees »

Bailes1992 wrote:Dai... cheeky but I couldn't try two of those alloys on my Mondingo could I :oops:

Errrm, well check the PCD and offset, and if they're the same we could think about setting up a controlled experiment in a lab or something.... :oops:
Bailes1992

Post by Bailes1992 »

DaiRees wrote:
Bailes1992 wrote:Dai... cheeky but I couldn't try two of those alloys on my Mondingo could I :oops:

Errrm, well check the PCD and offset, and if they're the same we could think about setting up a controlled experiment in a lab or something.... :oops:
They are definatley the same as fords etc. But I don't think I want it over my head taking the wheels off your new Volvo.
Saw some Grey/Silver wheels on a V60 R Design and fancy some for my Mondeo.

I'l wait till it's aged abit I think :lol:

I'l have to pop up, maybe one evening next week or something!
DaiRees
Site Admin

Post by DaiRees »

Yeah any time mate, kettle's always on.... :wink:
Bailes1992

Post by Bailes1992 »

How do you find the blint spot information thing?

The T5 had it and it used to fry my head! Ecspecially at night!
DaiRees
Site Admin

Post by DaiRees »

Bailes1992 wrote:How do you find the blint spot information thing?

The T5 had it and it used to fry my head! Ecspecially at night!
It's all right, I don't find it intrusive or anything. If that bugs you you'll love the lights that glow on the dash (reflecting in the windscreen) to tell you when you're too close to the car in front. Oh and the audible Lane Departure Warning is awesome too, all this kit is like having your nan in the car with you, telling you off all the time.... :lol: :oops:
scotty73
3.0 24v

Post by scotty73 »

Bailes1992 wrote:
I'l wait till it's aged abit I think :lol:
When you two do this controlled experiment can i watch? in fact i'll do the youtube video with added laughter while Dai craps himself. :lol:
2000 W 2.0hdi 110 7 seat estate Blue.

And this glue is for my submarine not for putting up you're f*c*ing noses, and dont think i dont notice cos i do... Buy your own f*c*ing glue!!! Fatty Lewis Twin town 1997.
OdinEidolon
3.0 24v

Post by OdinEidolon »

Lovely motor! 8) Wouldn't mind one myself.
I have to admit the inside looks fabulous, and must be very comfy. I don't dig the wheels tho, too big for my taste as will be a huge expense when changing tyres.
The engine is a Pug unit yes, a well known one for bad things actually, looks like they have solved most of them with time tho.
Keep an eye on the flywheel, turbo and FAP. But I guess you already knew that :supafrisk:
2001 2.2HDi saloon Executive (not the English exec, worse!) in Obsidian Black. Semi-Mux D9, build code 8761
Want a remap? Contact us, learn to do it yourself on ecuedit.com or let the professionals of editecu.com do it for you!

ecuedit.com | carecus.com | editecu.com | boschecus.com | carsrubber.com | egrswitch.com | car-specification.com
Bailes1992

Post by Bailes1992 »

18" tyres are fairly cheap or at least when compared to my 17's!
One the reasons why I want to change :roll:
DaiRees
Site Admin

Post by DaiRees »

I don't think I would have chosen the 18s had I been speccing the car myself, they were a very expensive option, but since they were already on the car I'm not going to complain, and they do look much, much better than the standard 17s.

The ride takes a bit of getting used to though, it's rock hard after the Pug and I have to slow right down for speed bumps that were just "fun" in the pug, plus those tyres cause a bit of road noise on some surfaces that you'd never have noticed. Having said that, on the right surface she wafts along silently. As far as the price of the tyres goes, the current ones are Pirelli P Zero Rossos, they're about £200 a corner, but there's a table in the handbook that says which speed rating you need for which engine, openning up a whole range of options. Budget tyres are as little as £60 each, but I'll probably go mid range when the time comes.
steve_earwig
Location: Jastrebarsko, Croatia http://www.jastrebarsko.hr/lokacija/

Post by steve_earwig »

I don't believe it :roll: When it was suggested that we have a computer forum bit it got voted down, despite the fact that everyone on here has one and questions pop up all the time, yet here we are in Volvo Corner, 3 owners, no vote, nothing :frown:

I demand:
An I.T. forum (from Wiki "The term is commonly used as a synonym for computers and computer networks, but it also encompasses other information distribution technologies such as television and telephones")
A health forum (including relationships, work-related stress etc.)
A pets forum.
A DIY forum.

Or I'm telling Nick :P

Apart from that, the new motah does indeed look very nice. The wheels look, umm, easy to clean. You'll probably find the suspension softens up a touch when it's done a few miles.
Unskilled meddling sin©e 2007

The submitted form was invalid. Try submitting again.
DaiRees
Site Admin

Post by DaiRees »

Haha, the problem is mate, the Volvos just don't fit anywhere else... :(