My new mowtah

It's inevitable, resistance is futile!
scotty73
3.0 24v

Re: My new mowtah

Post by scotty73 »

DaiRees wrote:Grippier that the 6 by a long margin, but I can't really say how it "handles" until I get near the limit of that grip...
Sounds like those rear tyres are in for a pasting if you ask me. :twisted:
2000 W 2.0hdi 110 7 seat estate Blue.

And this glue is for my submarine not for putting up you're f*c*ing noses, and dont think i dont notice cos i do... Buy your own f*c*ing glue!!! Fatty Lewis Twin town 1997.
OdinEidolon
3.0 24v

Post by OdinEidolon »

DaiRees wrote:Grippier that the 6 by a long margin, but I can't really say how it "handles" until I get near the limit of that grip...
Interesting, the 6 has always been known to be a very good ride and good handling. If the Volvo is better then you have a fun car there. Of course the handling standard for the medium and high saloons is higher now than 15 years ago.
2001 2.2HDi saloon Executive (not the English exec, worse!) in Obsidian Black. Semi-Mux D9, build code 8761
Want a remap? Contact us, learn to do it yourself on ecuedit.com or let the professionals of editecu.com do it for you!

ecuedit.com | carecus.com | editecu.com | boschecus.com | carsrubber.com | egrswitch.com | car-specification.com
Doggy
Mod with a 2.2 HDi, De-Fapped!

Post by Doggy »

Looks very nice, Dai. :mrgreen:
Does look good, comfy and all those toys sound nice too.
For me, the real benefit of a car like this is the way it feels like it 'looks after you' when you're tired and still have hundreds of miles to go, then you really appreciate the comfort and technology.
I hope it gives you as many years of fun motoring as the 406
2002 HDi 2.2 Exec Estate, (2008-12) (wonderful)
2003 HDi 2.2 6-speed Exec Estate (2012-19) (also a gem)
2009 Citroen C5 2.0 HDi VTR+ Estate (godawful heap)
2008 BMW E91 330i touring (great fun - murdered by a reversing SUV)
2007 BMW E91 325i touring (slower smoother quieter)
Welly
The moderator formally known as Welton

Post by Welly »

Doggy wrote:Looks very nice, Dai. :mrgreen:
For me, the real benefit of a car like this is the way it feels like it 'looks after you' when you're tired and still have hundreds of miles to go, then you really appreciate the comfort and technology.
Err, wh....what?

That almost sounds complimentary of the Volvo :shock: has someone hacked into Doggy's account and started posting nice things about us :?
Cars in my care:
2021 Kia Spottage 1.6 Pez Turbo Dual Clutch Gearbox Trickery
2013 Renner Twingo - donkey work
Welly

Post by Welly »

Doggy wrote:Looks very nice, Dai. :mrgreen:
Err, wh....what?

That almost sounds complimentary of the Volvo :shock: has someone hacked into Doggy's account and started posting nice things about us :?
Cars in my care:
Doggy
Mod with a 2.2 HDi, De-Fapped!

Post by Doggy »

Welly wrote:Err, wh....what?

You're right, welly - the sun has obviously got to me. 8)
TBH I did see some smart Volvos, including one dutch V50 D5 in a tempting shade of diahorea light green/brown that had me thinking. :shock:
Maybe with a de-fap, (so you an lubricate the engine with oil instead of diesel) and a remap to shake off some of the lethargy......
Then you could almost ignore the abysmal fuel consumption, lack of space and Frod underpinnings.
(by this point the french 407 parked next to it started to look a bit more tempting)

Volvos are surprisingly popular in the south, so much so they have their own parking spaces, (a bit like the BMW lane on our motorways). These spaces are frequently found outside public buildings, post offices, loos and the like and tend to be painted blue.

I'm sure you'd be entitled to park there, even in your hired lemon, so long as you put a picture of the volvo on top of the dash. :wink:
2002 HDi 2.2 Exec Estate, (2008-12) (wonderful)
2003 HDi 2.2 6-speed Exec Estate (2012-19) (also a gem)
2009 Citroen C5 2.0 HDi VTR+ Estate (godawful heap)
2008 BMW E91 330i touring (great fun - murdered by a reversing SUV)
2007 BMW E91 325i touring (slower smoother quieter)
Bailes1992

Post by Bailes1992 »

Dai's starting to get sick of the harsh ride and is scared about all the technology going wrong and not being able to afford to maintain it.

Over a cuppa yesterday he decided that we are going to swap as he feels my Mondeo is not just the better car, it will be more reliable too! :supafrisk:

Jokes aside, the Volvo is lovley! Forgot how nice they are inside, they always feel very airy! The V50 was the same.
2020 BMW 520d MSport Touring My Daily
2017 Dacia Logan MCV 1.5DCi Laureate Wifes
1996 Land Rover Defender 90 County SW 300TDi My Toy
2003 Ford Mondeo ST220 3.0 V6 My Other Toy
DaiRees
Site Admin

Post by DaiRees »

:arrowu: errrm riiiight, d'ya know Sam, I don't remember the conversation going quite like that... :lol: :lol:

Tell you what, give me your car and £25k, no scratch that, I still wouldn't part with it :oops:
Playtime_Fontayne wrote:"Dai Rees Supplier of Fine Automobilia. Established 2007"
scotty73
3.0 24v

Post by scotty73 »

DaiRees wrote::arrowu: errrm riiiight, d'ya know Sam, I don't remember the conversation going quite like that... :lol: :lol:

Tell you what, give me your car and £25k, no scratch that, I still wouldn't part with it :oops:
All the money he spent on the Mondeo and your offering him nothing in part ex? you tight f*ck. :mrgreen: :lol:

And this glue is for my submarine not for putting up you're f*c*ing noses, and dont think i dont notice cos i do... Buy your own f*c*ing glue!!! Fatty Lewis Twin town 1997.
DaiRees
Site Admin

Post by DaiRees »

...and at last all the paperwork arrived in the last week or so, so I took a little visit to the DVLA office on Friday and now she's changed identity 8)

Playtime_Fontayne wrote:"Dai Rees Supplier of Fine Automobilia. Established 2007"
scotty73
3.0 24v

Post by scotty73 »

DaiRees wrote:...and at last all the paperwork arrived in the last week or so, so I took a little visit to the DVLA office now she's changed identity 8)

I like that. 8)

DaiRees
Site Admin

Post by DaiRees »

Thank you sir :D

Don't know whether you remember the thread from last year when I bought the number, but I was talking about mucking about with the 2 to make it look more like an R, but now that I've had the plates made I don't think it needs it. Might yet have a set of showplates made up without the space though. What do you reckon?
scotty73
3.0 24v

Post by scotty73 »

Not seen that thread didn't join til January, i recon it looks good as it is especially with the 12 that's on your plates from new, expensive hobby buying a car to fit your plates innit. :lol: :lol:

DaiRees
Site Admin

Post by DaiRees »

scotty73 wrote:expensive hobby buying a car to fit your plates innit. :lol: :lol:
Certainly is mate!! :oops:
Welly

Post by Welly »

:supafrisk:
Cars in my care: