Changing seat belt drivers side front

Talk about whats Hot or Not in your 406. Fitting Leather? New Steering Wheel? Changed the pedals? Ask and tell in here!

Moderator: Moderators

tempragolf
1.8 8v

Changing seat belt drivers side front

Post by tempragolf »

I need to change the belt on the o/s front due to freying. Is it a fiddly job? Someone told me the seat has to come out. There are no airbags in my seats.
steve_earwig
Location: Jastrebarsko, Croatia http://www.jastrebarsko.hr/lokacija/

Re: Changing seat belt drivers side front

Post by steve_earwig »

You'll need to take the seat out to get the side panel out to get to the seat belt itself. You could possibly manage without but it wouldn't be funny.

I'm afraid that, even though your seats don't have airbags in them, you still have pretensioners, so you'll still have to disarm the airbag system.

I can't be asked to write it all again so read this viewtopic.php?f=1&t=7617&hilit=+com2000 for center console and disarming stuff. Btw if yours is a D8 (1999? Could be either)the airbag ecu connector faces forward but it's more-or-less the same and there's two more torx holding the center console side panels on at the front in the footwells.

This is another one of mine viewtopic.php?f=3&t=3902&hilit=+seat+he ... 614#p57514 which also covers seat removal.
Unskilled meddling sin©e 2007

The submitted form was invalid. Try submitting again.
tempragolf
1.8 8v

Re: Changing seat belt drivers side front

Post by tempragolf »

Thanks for that info mate. Much appreciated.