New guy with seven seat question-wrong place?

Talk about whats Hot or Not in your 406. Fitting Leather? New Steering Wheel? Changed the pedals? Ask and tell in here!

Moderator: Moderators

Sonia406
3.0 24v

Re: New guy with seven seat question-wrong place?

Post by Sonia406 »

scotty73 wrote:
Sonia406 wrote: My children are perfectly safe in my 406 estate.
Can you imagine the mental impact it would have on any kids in a 406 living through that? they'd have to live with the sight of that fooking big truck coming at them... If they were awake. :shock:
That is very true, but I can't deal with the fact some idiot here thinks that because I own an estate I somehow don't love my kids.
The fact is, if there was a rear end crash they would be a lot safer in rear faced seats, end of. :evil:
I would rather a child came away from a crash with leg damage than what would of happened in the above video: Food for thought.
'Miss Pug' Peugeot 406 2.0 16v Petrol 'Family' Estate.
6th December 2011 - November 2014
24th January 2017 - Current (I bought her back!)
GingerMagic
3.0 24v

Post by GingerMagic »

As I said before, I understand both points.
I have seen that video before, the difference is modern trucks like mine have a fibre-glass bonnet and more plastic around the grill and headlights, making it more collision friendly ( for the other car anyway )
All modern cars are designed to crumple up, as Omega says, especially the rear floorpan. Lets hope that the once or twice a year when I need the 7 seats there will be no accidents....
Don't think kids in the back will see the sodding great lorry coming - if they are anything like mine they will be too busy staring at some DS or games console rubbish :wink: Or I will lift the blind up......

Surprising how a simple thread can lead to a debate..!!
2003 2.2hdi estate - mine
1998 Volvo 940 auto estate - also mine
2019 Citroen C3 something - the wife's
PP2000 user, can help with faults / diagnostics in the Bournemouth area.
Sonia406
3.0 24v

Post by Sonia406 »

GingerMagic wrote:As I said before, I understand both points.
I have seen that video before, the difference is modern trucks like mine have a fibre-glass bonnet and more plastic around the grill and headlights, making it more collision friendly ( for the other car anyway )
All modern cars are designed to crumple up, as Omega says, especially the rear floorpan. Lets hope that the once or twice a year when I need the 7 seats there will be no accidents....
Don't think kids in the back will see the sodding great lorry coming - if they are anything like mine they will be too busy staring at some DS or games console rubbish :wink: Or I will lift the blind up......

Surprising how a simple thread can lead to a debate..!!

At the end of the day it's personal choice.
You may prefer your MPV's and I prefer more of a CAR than a big truck type car.
You may prefer your children sitting half way in the boot, where I prefer mine as tucked into the car (and rear ward facing) as possible.
It's personal choice and to say personal choice leads to one not loving her kids is downright diabolical.
omega
3.0 24v

Post by omega »

i said "i wouldnt do it as i love my kids"
did i say you didnt love your kids?
stuartkeith
1.8 8v

Post by stuartkeith »

Hi, Ive just done my one yesterday! I had to go to the scrappy to pick up the seat belts as the kit I brought from ebay for £100 the tensioners were both jammed! I stripped the new ones out and took bolts and all, and they didn't fit my car! Turns out my one is UNF pitch (bigger then M10, smaller m12) and none of them fitted. after bodging some bolts in I found correct I then preceded to find the correct ones in a pot i forgot I put somewhere else lol.I had to drill the holes into the top plastic trim where they mount as didn't get them. But you don't see the holes.

Another part which is hard to do, it put the rear boot trim on, if you are on your own holding it in place with lid open and trying to push the panel pins in. :shock:
Attachments
pug.jpg
2002 2.0l HDI 90BHP 406 Estate.
Sonia406
3.0 24v

Post by Sonia406 »

Nice job :)

Well done you.
GingerMagic
3.0 24v

Post by GingerMagic »

Hi mate, looks good. I hope its as straightforward when I do mine..!!

The tailgate panel should hook over 2 black clips just below the rear window, keeping it in place while you push the rubbish pins back in... 8)
2003 2.2hdi estate - mine
1998 Volvo 940 auto estate - also mine
2019 Citroen C3 something - the wife's
PP2000 user, can help with faults / diagnostics in the Bournemouth area.
Sonia406
3.0 24v

Post by Sonia406 »

GingerMagic wrote:Hi mate, looks good. I hope its as straightforward when I do mine..!!

The tailgate panel should hook over 2 black clips just below the rear window, keeping it in place while you push the rubbish pins back in... 8)

You're a bloke, you'll have no problems at all :mrgreen: