Seat cover unobtainable?

Talk about whats Hot or Not in your 406. Fitting Leather? New Steering Wheel? Changed the pedals? Ask and tell in here!

Moderator: Moderators

DieselDriver

Seat cover unobtainable?

Post by DieselDriver »

My garage repair has been waiting for a seat-cover for a 406 estate (the bit that covers the upright part of the seat) for months now. It is the part that covers the upright part of the seat behind the driver's back (Astrokhan Grey).

The car is only not yet 4 years old, but apparently this part cannot be found in the UK, so it is on "back-order" from France. Are 406 parts not generally available? I am surprised about this!
steve_earwig
Location: Jastrebarsko, Croatia http://www.jastrebarsko.hr/lokacija/

Re: Seat cover unobtainable?

Post by steve_earwig »

I don't think many people ask for interior parts so you probably caught them with their pants down. They usually come up with everything else. Gold plated too, judging by the price.

Are you still driving the car or is it in bits? May I suggest a temporary seat from the scrappies or something sexy off ebray?
Unskilled meddling sin©e 2007

The submitted form was invalid. Try submitting again.
DieselDriver

Re: Seat cover unobtainable?

Post by DieselDriver »

Well the reason that it needs a seat cover is that the air bag in the seat went off & the seat cover exploded! So presumably it needs the right cover in order for the new air bag to work.

The garage claims there are none in the country though. I did find a seat cover on eBay, but it was the bit that goes under your bum :-( Right colour though.

If I can find one for them, I'm tempted to buy one just to get my car back. I like the 406. I just never thought parts might be a problem.