Drivers seat - repair or replace ?

Talk about whats Hot or Not in your 406. Fitting Leather? New Steering Wheel? Changed the pedals? Ask and tell in here!

Moderator: Moderators

Maranman
1.8 8v

Drivers seat - repair or replace ?

Post by Maranman »

:cry: I almost forgot....my D8 also failed the MOT on an "insecure" drivers seat!

It appears that the previous owner was a bloody fat bugger :cheesy:

The rail/front lower frame at the base of the seat has competely broken in half. Even though its made of tube metal (old baked bean cans), can I have it welded or sleeved and filled/patched with No-More-Nails / Superglue?

Do I really have to buy a whole new seat from a scrappy/reclamation place (about £60) - always assuming the local taxi drivers havn't got there before me?

It goes back and forwards and up & down OK so, whats the problem with a bit of glue and a black marker pen....job done I think!

Thoughts anyone :?:

Cheers, Graeme
steve_earwig
Location: Jastrebarsko, Croatia http://www.jastrebarsko.hr/lokacija/

Re: Drivers seat - repair or replace ?

Post by steve_earwig »

Maranman wrote::cry: I almost forgot....my D8 also failed the MOT on an "insecure" drivers seat!
Perhaps it needs to see a shrink... :P

Yeah yeah, no more nails, superglue, baked beans tin, sticky back plastic and some ordinary household bleach...

Sooo won't last very long!

Weld it, preferably plate it too. At least it's the squab, usually much easier to take apart and put back together.

Or get one from the scrappy, I presume you'll swap the backrest and cover for the squab so you might be able to get one with holes in it at a reduced price.
Unskilled meddling sin©e 2007

The submitted form was invalid. Try submitting again.
jameslxdt
3.0 24v

Post by jameslxdt »

just weld it as it will last far longer
Peugeot wrote:what are you worried about? we made car that lasted 10 years"..."Zat is very goode non? :|
FAQ - 406 D8 petrol (excl. V6) running and starting problems
bargainbro
2.0 16v

Re: Drivers seat - repair or replace ?

Post by bargainbro »

Weld it. Had mine done a year ago. Same problem, the damn front end of the seat frame (the baked bean can -tube) was somehow in two. If you´re about to do it yourself be extra careful with the side airbag wiring under the seat.