Self locking glove box

Talk about whats Hot or Not in your 406. Fitting Leather? New Steering Wheel? Changed the pedals? Ask and tell in here!

Moderator: Moderators

Gus
2.0 16v

Self locking glove box

Post by Gus »

What the F :evil: ck is going off - I am 100% sure my car is possesed. :!:

Today after taking the missus to the shops and doing the normal Friday evening stuff - I thought I would tidy out the old girl (and the car hahah), no really tidy the interior of the car a little before the long journey back to Gloucester on Sunday night.

so i put a few bits in the glove box that i may need - phone charger etc. The glove box is not overloaded by any means and has nothing caught in the catch. so closes the box and low and behold it wont open. so swears a lot and tries again. nothing.

gets missus to try - no joy - starts engine (dont know why just seemed like a good idea at the time) glove box opens as normal :evil:

stop engine- close box - wont open - starts engine again - wont open :!:

stops engine - wont open - gets missus to come out again - box opens for her :frown:

I cant get it work at all any more and neither can she it stuck - what the hell :lol:
Benner
3.0 24v

Post by Benner »

You must have that 'central locking whilst engine is running' option on your glove box :cheesy:
Gus
2.0 16v

Post by Gus »

HeHe its got something but i aint sure what it is :P
Gus
2.0 16v

Post by Gus »

Finally sussed the problem - if you close the glove box with a little bit of force it drops the locking barrell, starting the engine gives enough of a shake, judder,whatever you want to call it to open the lock again.

so now if it locks on its own - a small tap in the right place with a firm fist and hey presto - open sessamee :P