new tinted windows

Talk about whats Hot or Not in your 406. Fitting Leather? New Steering Wheel? Changed the pedals? Ask and tell in here!

Moderator: Moderators

scottish pug estate
1.8 16v

new tinted windows

Post by scottish pug estate »

well thats my windows tinted now :lol: so im just going to look for a nice set of alloys now 8) i like the black centered multi-spokes with the polished outside rim,but thats after it gets a major service done first,whats the best for looks and handling,16"s or 17"s,
Captain Jack
3.0 24v

Post by Captain Jack »

Pictures!!!
2003 - 2008: 1998 Peugeot 406 2.1 TD 110bhp LX Saloon
2008 - 2009: 2004 Honda Accord 2.2 CDTI 136bhp Executive Saloon
2009 - 2013: 2002 Peugeot 406 2.0 HDI 110bhp Executive Saloon
2013 - 2021: 2007 Peugeot 407 2.2 HDI 170bhp Executive Saloon (mapped to 213bhp :twisted:)
2021 - ????: 2016 Ford Mondeo 2.0 TDCi 180bhp Titanium
Benner
3.0 24v

Post by Benner »

Yeah we wanna see!! :lol:
stewarty.c
1.8 8v

Post by stewarty.c »

Yeah man where is the piccies? i just recently got myself a 406 estate and was thinking of getting mine done. Although like you its major service before i can go further.
scottish pug estate
1.8 16v

im really crap with modern tech stuff :cry: i can use the P.C. to get online but thats bt it,and i do have a digi camera,tried to put software into P.C. it went in but i cant find it :shock: :| will try and get my mates camera and see if he can upload some piccies,but i think the car looks great,got the limo tint for the rear doors and side windows,45% tinnt on back screen and 25% on front side windows and if any traffic cops on hear,it was like that when i bought it officer HONEST :|
Welly
The moderator formally known as Welton

Post by Welly »

scottish pug estate wrote:if any traffic cops on hear,it was like that when i bought it officer HONEST :|
There's 3 Police Officers on here :wink:

And also I was crap on the PC when I first started on here but I can now post up piccies with the rest of em.

In fact I have a great ''photostory/how too'' coming up this weekend :lol:
Cars in my care:
2021 Kia Spottage 1.6 Pez Turbo Dual Clutch Gearbox Trickery
2013 Renner Twingo - donkey work
maglite
2.0 16v

Post by maglite »

scottish pug estate, how long did it take to tint the car? I was thinking about ordering one of those "pre-cut" kits, but I'm not sure if they are any good. My neighbours son got one of those kits for his Corsa and it seemed to be ok. The quarter rear window on the 6 looks quite difficult to get the film on. I was thinking about 20% all round. But I might leave the fronts to keep PC plod and his light meter happy :cheesy:
Strak

Window tinting

Post by Strak »

MAGLITE- i've just bought one of those pre-cut "crease, wrinkle and bubble free" kits, dont do it! You need the patience of, i don't know what but it took me 8 hours to do the rear windows on my D8 saloon to an ok standard, and two extremely painfull, stressfull and agonising :cry: :x :evil: hours of applying this "wonder film" to the front two. The result was a mess. From a distance of about 3 miles it looks ok but on closer inspection mate, it looks hideous. the back is fine so i'm blaming the lack of saint like patience and daylight but i'd still reccomend a professional as i am going to remove the front "Tints" as it looks like a vandal has wrapped my windows in tin foil.

Happy tinting

RGDS STRAK
Welly
The moderator formally known as Welton

Post by Welly »

I've seen them fellas apply the film at my local car alarm place.

They seem to spray water on the window and then slap the film on, squish it around a bit then leave it. The bubles/water then vanish as if by magic.

The advise here I suppose is get it done properly by a ''profeshinul'' :)
Cars in my care:
2021 Kia Spottage 1.6 Pez Turbo Dual Clutch Gearbox Trickery
2013 Renner Twingo - donkey work
Strak

window tinting

Post by Strak »

aye mate, i know the exact technique to the art of applying film like that but what you need is experience. they make it look easy cos they do it all the time. I say go for it if you've got the balls, but i also say that you need experience, and you wont get experience until after you needed it, by which point you've made an arse of it, like me :shock: I only did it cos it was about £200 cheaper than what the local place quoted me, and i am chuffed with the result (well i will be when i remove the front tints)
406 express
1.8 16v

Post by 406 express »

fairy liquid is the secret for putting on window tints guys!
if you don't know where your going, any road will take you there
scottish pug estate
1.8 16v

i got a pro to do it and it did cost £170 but remember i saved a few quid when i bought the pug :lol: but in my humble opinion the film looks fantastic if its applied right,i did a Humber Sceptre if anyone is old enough to remember them :cry: when i was 18yrs old and it looked OK from a DISTANCE,but thats why i would say if you want to get it done,do it right :D and enjoy :mrgreen:
scottish pug estate
1.8 16v

oh and i dropped the car off at the tinters place at 8a.m. and it was just ready at 2.30p.m. and thats a pro :shock:
DaiRees
Site Admin

Post by DaiRees »

scottish pug estate wrote:i got a pro to do it and it did cost £170 but remember i saved a few quid when i bought the pug :lol: but in my humble opinion the film looks fantastic if its applied right,i did a Humber Sceptre if anyone is old enough to remember them :cry: when i was 18yrs old and it looked OK from a DISTANCE,but thats why i would say if you want to get it done,do it right :D and enjoy :mrgreen:
Hey I was brought from hospital in a MK1 1963 Humber Sceptre when I was born. My dad only sold it a few years ago too. I was gutted to see it go, having been part of my life for 30 years or so, but not gutted enough to take it on myself :lol: . Far too much maintenance required. :cry:

Here's an identical one, even the same colour 8)
Playtime_Fontayne wrote:"Dai Rees Supplier of Fine Automobilia. Established 2007"
scottish pug estate
1.8 16v

mine was the hillman hunter shape in torquoise with a black vinyl roof :lol: changed it to the holbay engine with a kent cam :lol: but rust got the better of it :shock: