I can't memorize the position of the driver's seat or the re

Talk about whats Hot or Not in your 406. Fitting Leather? New Steering Wheel? Changed the pedals? Ask and tell in here!

Moderator: Moderators

Francisco

I can't memorize the position of the driver's seat or the re

Post by Francisco »

My 2.2 HDi, of December 2002, does not memorize the position of the driver's seat or the rear-view mirrors. I have already changed the electric box that is under the driver's seat and I changed the memory button. Nothing worked. When I open the doors the seats resume the most remote position and the mirrors also take up another position. If I unplug the memory button, the seats remain fixed, but the mirrors continue to change position every time I turn the key.
However, the forward and reverse of the front seats for easy access to the rear seats works perfectly.
What could be the problem? Thank you.
Doggy
Mod with a 2.2 HDi, De-Fapped!

Re: I can't memorize the position of the driver's seat or th

Post by Doggy »

Hi & welcome aboard. 8)

I don't recall hearing of a similar problem. Did yours work OK previously, or have you just got the car?
2002 HDi 2.2 Exec Estate, (2008-12) (wonderful)
2003 HDi 2.2 6-speed Exec Estate (2012-19) (also a gem)
2009 Citroen C5 2.0 HDi VTR+ Estate (godawful heap)
2008 BMW E91 330i touring (great fun - murdered by a reversing SUV)
2007 BMW E91 325i touring (slower smoother quieter)
ben10241

Post by ben10241 »

Maybe check for water under the carpet? I know it's an issue with coupes as there is a few connectors underneath that causes weird problems to occur when a bad connection occur due to water ingress.
GingerMagic
3.0 24v

Post by GingerMagic »

The Coupe also suffers from water on the CD changer connector, in the boot.
Worth a check, its free :cheesy:
2003 2.2hdi estate - mine
1998 Volvo 940 auto estate - also mine
2019 Citroen C3 something - the wife's
PP2000 user, can help with faults / diagnostics in the Bournemouth area.
Francisco

Post by Francisco »

I bought this car a year ago and already had this problem along with several other problems (particle filter, injectors, cerina deposit, air conditioner, paint, and so on). All problems were solved minus the issue of memory seat. It's quite annoying and frustrating.
Another question I ask is how many models of memory switches equipped the 406 coupe? I know there is one with the contacts in blue, in the longitudinal direction, but mine has brown contacts concentrated under button 1. Thanks
NinoB
2.2 16v

Post by NinoB »

Francisco wrote: Sat May 13, 2017 8:48 pm I bought this car a year ago and already had this problem along with several other problems (particle filter, injectors, cerina deposit, air conditioner, paint, and so on). All problems were solved minus the issue of memory seat. It's quite annoying and frustrating.
Another question I ask is how many models of memory switches equipped the 406 coupe? I know there is one with the contacts in blue, in the longitudinal direction, but mine has brown contacts concentrated under button 1. Thanks
hi
did you solve it?
am having same problem
NinoB
2.2 16v

Re: I can't memorize the position of the driver's seat or the re

Post by NinoB »

SOLVED

the problem is from 3B and 4B, connected to 22 and 41 on the ecu,the wires got broken so i repair it back.
Attachments
me1.jpg
(105.83 KiB) Not downloaded yet