electric seats

Talk about whats Hot or Not in your 406. Fitting Leather? New Steering Wheel? Changed the pedals? Ask and tell in here!

Moderator: Moderators

KiwipugUK
1.8 8v

electric seats

Post by KiwipugUK »

Hey everyone, finally gotten around the putting in the front electric seats I've had a few weeks now. How the heck do I remove the rear seat bolts to the floor?
The wreck I got them from I cut the bolts off as there was no power in the car and I couldn't move the seats out of the way. I assumed that once plugged in and working I'd be able to move them forward enough to get at the rear bolt. But no... Now I have the stumpy remains of the original bolts which I can't remove. It seems to be reaching the end of its adjustment as there are little tabs in the rails that are stopping it. Any clues?
GingerMagic
3.0 24v

Re: electric seats

Post by GingerMagic »

As far as I know, if the seat is at the end of its forward travel then you have about 2" clearance for the rear bolts.
Are you suggesting the seat doesn't go forwards enough?
2003 2.2hdi estate - mine
1998 Volvo 940 auto estate - also mine
2019 Citroen C3 something - the wife's
PP2000 user, can help with faults / diagnostics in the Bournemouth area.
KiwipugUK
1.8 8v

Re: electric seats

Post by KiwipugUK »

Thats it, the manual adjust ones moved right forward to clear the rear bolts, but the electric seems to reach a stopper notch on the underside of the rail before they clear the bolt heads. I thought they must be hitting something else but there is nothing else there and they are definitely stopped on these notches in the rail.