seat replacement

Talk about whats Hot or Not in your 406. Fitting Leather? New Steering Wheel? Changed the pedals? Ask and tell in here!

Moderator: Moderators

bronc

seat replacement

Post by bronc »

Hi, The seats in my 406 estate are really grubby and I have been offered a full set of seats, but the front two have the electric controls whilst mine are just ordinary manual. I have looked at the articles here and it does sound a bit complicated, especially the driver's seat If I get bogged down is it possible to do away with the electric gizzmoes and just fit the new seats onto the old runners. The seats are too good to pass up! Thanks Bronc
benczuk
3.0 24v

Re: seat replacement

Post by benczuk »

Hi,

You can't remove the electronics as you will lose the ability to adjust them.

I think i read somewhere that all models had the wiring in place for them, but I could be wrong.

If there inst wiring in place all you need is a 12v feed (red wires in plug) and an earth (brown wires in plug) connected up to the yellow plug under the seat.
2002 HDi 2.2 GTX Estate de-fapped
GingerMagic
3.0 24v

Post by GingerMagic »

Hi, on a friends LX model the only wires present were for the airbags, so we removed the covers from my electric seats and fitted them instead - it looks a right dogs-dinner but better than nothing...

Seat covers from Hellfords may be a better option :wink:
2003 2.2hdi estate - mine
1998 Volvo 940 auto estate - also mine
2019 Citroen C3 something - the wife's
PP2000 user, can help with faults / diagnostics in the Bournemouth area.
steve_earwig
Location: Jastrebarsko, Croatia http://www.jastrebarsko.hr/lokacija/

Post by steve_earwig »

Hi there. It's only a problem if the driver's seat has a memory (ecu under the seat, big connectors and an extra button behind the seat controls) If not then its pretty straight forward, you may or may not have wiring but people generally rob 12 volts from the fag lighter. If it has memory then it's a lot more complex but still do-able.
Unskilled meddling sin©e 2007

The submitted form was invalid. Try submitting again.
PeterN
3.0 24v

Post by PeterN »

The car I just bought was a GLX supposedly with electric seats, the passenger seat was but the driving seat was a manual one from a later car. I have now obtained and fitted electric seats and they work fine, not heated though, all the relative plugs and wiring were under the carpet except the airbag ones which were connected to the old seat, I just plugged then in and away they went.

On the C5 the wiring was all there under the carpet when I fitted electric seats but I don't think it is on the 406.

Peter
damo2612

Post by damo2612 »

Hi guys, can anyone give me some advice. I have a d8 coupe that has manual cloth seats, I have side airbags and pre tensioners, I have purchased a full leather interior with heated memory electric front seats, I also have the ecu coming (all from a d9). My d8 has two extra plugs which go into blanks, one brown and other is yellow. Will they be for powering elec seats??
PeterN
3.0 24v

Post by PeterN »

Probably, the will be much thicker than the other leads if the do.

Peter
GingerMagic
3.0 24v

Post by GingerMagic »

On a D9, the yellow is power and the brown is heated seats...... - not sure about D8 though.
2003 2.2hdi estate - mine
1998 Volvo 940 auto estate - also mine
2019 Citroen C3 something - the wife's
PP2000 user, can help with faults / diagnostics in the Bournemouth area.
damo2612

Post by damo2612 »

That's great guys, thanks for your help.
damo2612

Post by damo2612 »

I've tried to fit the passenger seat, put yellow plug into yellow and same with brown, no power?? I have the seat fuses in the fuse box and the heat fuse is in situ under the bonnet? I may have to cut the yellow and brown plugs from my d8 loom and solder them to some cable and run it from the fuse box. Just had the ecu delivered, they have hacked the loom from the car. Is it best to unravel the loom and bin what doesn't go to ecu? I'm no electrician but I'm willing to give it a go.
damo2612

Post by damo2612 »

Hi guys, I have just found and brought a converted ecu that allows you to fit electric heated seats in any 406. I'm hoping I can see which wires have been used to be able to make it possible. If alls well I will let you all know how.