Leather interior - all the same?

Talk about whats Hot or Not in your 406. Fitting Leather? New Steering Wheel? Changed the pedals? Ask and tell in here!

Moderator: Moderators

Welly
The moderator formally known as Welton

Re: Leather interior - all the same?

Post by Welly »

Brilliant! :cheesy:
Cars in my care:
2021 Kia Spottage 1.6 Pez Turbo Dual Clutch Gearbox Trickery
2013 Renner Twingo - donkey work
PeterN
3.0 24v

Post by PeterN »

Well done Ben, pleased it went to a good home. I see you don't have the wires connected to anything. :wink:

Peter
steve_earwig
Location: Jastrebarsko, Croatia http://www.jastrebarsko.hr/lokacija/

Post by steve_earwig »

I was actually wondering where that curly lead goes that's plugged in the wall behind it :shock:
Unskilled meddling sin©e 2007

The submitted form was invalid. Try submitting again.
GingerMagic
3.0 24v

Post by GingerMagic »

If the chair was to tip over, would the airbag go off..? That would be awesome, and something to patent..... :?:
2003 2.2hdi estate - mine
1998 Volvo 940 auto estate - also mine
2019 Citroen C3 something - the wife's
PP2000 user, can help with faults / diagnostics in the Bournemouth area.
benczuk
3.0 24v

Post by benczuk »

The wires now go to a 12v 1A AC adapter i had lying around so all electronic adjustment still works. (Though pic shows version 1 of the system with crocodile clips that connected to a car battery for testing)

The motors sit underneath the base of the chair so I have had to fit spacers between the angle iron cross braces and the seat runners making it a further 4cm higher. The gas strut on the old chair base is at its lowest position, but could still do with being 2cm lower to have my feet comfortably on the floor. I may yet end up making a foot rest. It is a good job my desk is high and i have long legs

It goes without saying that it is much more supportive and comfortable than the thinly padded staples affair it replaces, and the arm rest works well on my Right-Hand corner desk supporting my 'Mouse' arm

I consider this the "Middle management" grade 406 chair, with electric but no leather :)

I have removed the seatbelt anchorage with its pretensioner, as i didn't like the idea of the explosive charge deciding to go off on its own one day, but airbag removal is a bit more difficult.
2002 HDi 2.2 GTX Estate de-fapped
Doggy
Mod with a 2.2 HDi, De-Fapped!

Post by Doggy »

benczuk wrote:I consider this the "Middle management" grade 406 chair, with electric but no leather :)
Precisely, needs heated leather and memory.
(The mirror actuators should be adapted to position your coffee mug and choccy biccies).
2002 HDi 2.2 Exec Estate, (2008-12) (wonderful)
2003 HDi 2.2 6-speed Exec Estate (2012-19) (also a gem)
2009 Citroen C5 2.0 HDi VTR+ Estate (godawful heap)
2008 BMW E91 330i touring (great fun - murdered by a reversing SUV)
2007 BMW E91 325i touring (slower smoother quieter)
Welly
The moderator formally known as Welton

Post by Welly »

benczuk wrote:
I consider this the "Middle management" grade 406 chair, with electric but no leather :)
The coveted one to aim for being the 'David Dickinson Leather' chair. You'll have to pull your socks up me lad etc etc [insert other demotivational statements here]
Cars in my care:
2021 Kia Spottage 1.6 Pez Turbo Dual Clutch Gearbox Trickery
2013 Renner Twingo - donkey work
benczuk
3.0 24v

Post by benczuk »

benczuk wrote:The motors sit underneath the base of the chair so I have had to fit spacers between the angle iron cross braces and the seat runners making it a further 4cm higher. The gas strut on the old chair base is at its lowest position, but could still do with being 2cm lower to have my feet comfortably on the floor. I may yet end up making a foot rest. .
One week in and the gas strut has now been liberally attacked with a saw. Hopefully that will stop my legs going to sleep and improve my posture in the chair or its back to the oh so thin office monster :(
2002 HDi 2.2 GTX Estate de-fapped