CLips on Drivers door

Talk about whats Hot or Not in your 406. Fitting Leather? New Steering Wheel? Changed the pedals? Ask and tell in here!

Moderator: Moderators

michaeljclark
1.8 16v

CLips on Drivers door

Post by michaeljclark »

Some complete toerag has (whilst I've been away) thought it a good idea to have a go at pulling the black (rubber) door trim off the outside of the drivers door, they've managed to break at least four clips and so now I have a nice "tap tap tap" from the outside of the car as it flaps about whilst I motor along.

I am guessing I will have to rip it off completely and replace the clips and then put it back on

How easy is this to do please/any advice greatfully recieved

We seem to have aquired a few chavs :frown: in the road so I am wondering if it was them who damaged my pride and joy

Thanks

Mike
neildavies
3.0 24v

Post by neildavies »

If it's ok and still fits flush tot he door, I'd just stick it back on with some double sided tape.
2007 Mondeo Titanium X 2.0 TDCi
2007 307cc Sport 2.0 HDi 136
Gone but never forgotten: 2002 406 Coupe SE 2.2 HDi
trem1
3.0 24v

Post by trem1 »

if its the bump trim the clips are about 6p each from the main stealers and theres about ten on each door BUT the front one slides into the slot before the rest clip in its a really simple job to do with the clips. i tried double-sided tape but it didnt work soi went to stealers and was pleasantly surprised (not a feeling you usually get)

but fix it properly yourself in ten minutes for under a quid 8) 8)

2004 Iron Grey 407se 136bhp......Written Off
2006 Moonstone blue 407 se 136 bhp.....Written off
2006 silver 407 SW..........replacement
michaeljclark
1.8 16v

Post by michaeljclark »

then I shall go to the local stealers tomorrow then!

thanks
michaeljclark
1.8 16v

Post by michaeljclark »

So 35p and 15 minutes later......

I have discovered that the bar stewards that ripped the bump strip off broke something else as it won't lie flat just at the very edge of the door

Still it's better than it was - AND Peter the parts guy at W J King Sidcup was most helpful in telling me to be careful when I got close to the wing "Ease it off mate - there's a 1" lug and if you break it you'll need a new strip" - he even showed me the screen shot form the pug computer!

So almost back to new!
Welly
The moderator formally known as Welton

Post by Welly »

Who, in the name of all that's holy, would want to steal a rub strip off a 406 door?

Maybe, on the way home from drinking 2[sup]1/2[/sup] pints of Carling each at the local, the chavies saw your door strips and challenged each other to a 'car door strip sword fight' :shock:

They clearly did not realise though that Citroen Xsara strips are the best for that :roll:

Have a look at a Xsara later and you'll chuckle to yourself, about door strip sword fighting, which I just invented in my head today.

I am sorry though michael that your car got fiddled with, but pleased also that you have sorted it out with such speed and determination.

Welly, getting back into the swing of things.
Cars in my care:
2021 Kia Spottage 1.6 Pez Turbo Dual Clutch Gearbox Trickery
2013 Renner Twingo - donkey work
michaeljclark
1.8 16v

Post by michaeljclark »

It will be the local chavs, who have found the close I live in. It is normally a quiet area, but about 4 or 5 13year old kids have discovered the road as a quiet place to do "stuff"

I am only glad that I have have "old" car - I would be gutted if I'd brought a newer one - it may not get washed that often, but she is serviced once a year (and and oil change every 6 months)

If damage persists that I shall be bringing the firms rather expensive video camera home (with it's 20x didgital zoom lens) and leave it running for a day trained on the motor

Cheers for all advise and thoughts

Mike
mjb
Site Admin

Post by mjb »

Nice one mate. Just out of interest *cough* did you happen to get a price on the strips while you were at it? ;)
Captain Jack
3.0 24v

Post by Captain Jack »

Yeah the ones with the shiny silver strip at the top :)