Headliner Replacement

Talk about whats Hot or Not in your 406. Fitting Leather? New Steering Wheel? Changed the pedals? Ask and tell in here!

Moderator: Moderators

peugeot30v6
2.0 16v

Headliner Replacement

Post by peugeot30v6 »

I think by now everyone is quite familiar with the roof lining sagging. I tried to take it to my local Pug dealer but with a quote that would see my wallet empty for a while I decided to do it my self. 8 hours and ALOT of swearing later I finished. Here are the before and after.
ImageImageImage I did have pins holding the roof lining up as driving with it was very annoying.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2002 Peugeot 406 V6 Auto Executive [95100miles]
2003 Peugeot 406 HDI 110 Executive Manual [157000miles]
2002 Volvo S60 2.0t Auto [287000miles]
steve_earwig
Location: Jastrebarsko, Croatia http://www.jastrebarsko.hr/lokacija/

Re: Headliner Replacement

Post by steve_earwig »

peugeot30v6 wrote:I think by now everyone is quite familiar with the roof lining sagging.
Err, no? :shock: That's news to me, is that how it looked in the 2nd pic? :frown: I know replacing the roof lining (of any car) is not for the faint-hearted and likely to end in tears (of both kinds) so a well done is in order. Did you have to take the windows out?
Unskilled meddling sin©e 2007

The submitted form was invalid. Try submitting again.
fattail95
2.0 Turbo

Post by fattail95 »

I've never seen a 406 with a saggy headliner I must admit. Only replaced 1, that was in my old classic Mini, and I can imagine that was nothing compared to doing a '6 :lol: Interior looks mint, more pics when it's all back together please! 8)
2001/Y Peugeot 406 2.0 HDi Saloon
150hp/330nm Powerflow stainless exhaust Kevlar clutch Cat delete EGR & Doser delete Leather interior Windows tinted Cruise control 5 dial cluster Yatour bluetooth Starfish alloys Twin rear fogs
peugeot30v6
2.0 16v

Headliner Replacement

Post by peugeot30v6 »

I must say that the only hard but was the disassembly of all the interior trim bits. I also had to use a hairdryer to heat up the remaining glue but all in all it was not that difficult. It only cost 1/3 of the original dealer price. I didn't have to take the windows out, luckily I just reclined the front seats and pulled it out the rear door. At least now I feel more confident when I return to the UK to tackle the roof lining on the S60[emoji16]. Here are some pics of the interior after I finished. ImageImageImage
I also installed some HID H7 6000k lights, luckily the headlight restrictions here are a little less lenient then in the UK.Image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2002 Peugeot 406 V6 Auto Executive [95100miles]
2003 Peugeot 406 HDI 110 Executive Manual [157000miles]
2002 Volvo S60 2.0t Auto [287000miles]
epug2638

Post by epug2638 »

Hi I have a 406 executive estate and part of the fabric beyond the sunroof has come down and I've tried sticking it back up but the fabric Is to thin because most of all the fabric backing has come off and Its stuck on the headliner. I have looked at the manual and It says that the windscreen has to come out. The fabric on the sunroof Is fine so I don't want to disturb the sunroof If possible. Peugeot don't do headliners no more with the car being to old. In the manual It says that the screen has to come out. Can I take the headliner out without removing the windscreen because I don't want to damage the seals In the screen. Also were can I get the fabric from cheap??? Hope someone can advise me. Many thanks.