Finally Fitted DAB radio

Talk about whats Hot or Not in your 406. Fitting Leather? New Steering Wheel? Changed the pedals? Ask and tell in here!

Moderator: Moderators

Rolebama
2.0 Turbo

Finally Fitted DAB radio

Post by Rolebama »

I bought the radio, fitting kit and aerial, and have had them sitting around for a while because I wasn't looking forward to the hassle of fitting the aerial. However, this morning I decided to just do it. I was amazed at how easy it was. I managed to both remove and replace the A pillar trim without having to remove door rubbers. The carpet under the glovebox came out and went back simply, and the centre console side trim clipped out enough to enable me to feed the wires into the radio hole. All in all, the job took less than an hour. However, I have no idea how I am going to get nuts onto the studs that hold the 'new' radio holder in place!
Still looking for a D8 mfd connector if anyone has one on a breaker.
1998 2.1 GLX TD
KozmoNaut
2.0 Turbo

Re: Finally Fitted DAB radio

Post by KozmoNaut »

How's the reception? All I've heard about DAB radios for cars is how hard it is to get acceptable reception.
2000 406 TS4 2.2 saloon
Rolebama
2.0 Turbo

Re: Finally Fitted DAB radio

Post by Rolebama »

I have had only one 'problem' with reception. Going through Hatfield Tunnel on the A1(M). It lost DAB signal but reverted to FM. On leaving the tunnel, it went straight back to DAB. (This only works on stations that transmit on both DAB and FM though.)
Other than that one instant, it is brilliant. When driving down to Dorset, it changed frequencies for local aerials faultlessly, although there is about a one or two second silence whilst it hunts down the 'new' transmitter.
1998 2.1 GLX TD