3 point centre seat belt help

Talk about whats Hot or Not in your 406. Fitting Leather? New Steering Wheel? Changed the pedals? Ask and tell in here!

Moderator: Moderators

Ady1985
2.2 16v

3 point centre seat belt help

Post by Ady1985 »

My centre seat belt is jammed stuck in the seat, it wont budge and jammed right in with no slack at all, any ideas on releasing it or do I need to find another leather back part of the back seats?
DaiRees
Site Admin

Re: 3 point centre seat belt help

Post by DaiRees »

If I remember correctly....

The centre belt can get jammed when the seat has been down and is slammed back up, the inertia reel is "activated" and there isn't enough slack to release it. Try lowering the seat and trying to feed the belt back in a bit when it's in the lowered position to allow the reel to release, then you should be able to pull the belt out, if that works hold a few inches of slack in the belt when you raise the seat back up. If that doesn't work I think you can access the bolt for the lower fixing point by lifting the seat base. Again once you've released the tension it should start to work properly again, pull out a bit of slack and bolt it back in.

Of course, all of the above assumes that it's just stuck and not actually knackered :oops:
Playtime_Fontayne wrote:"Dai Rees Supplier of Fine Automobilia. Established 2007"
Ady1985
2.2 16v

Post by Ady1985 »

Well, I dropped back seat and still locked, so I unbolted from the bottom and hey presto, fixed :cheesy: just need to remember to give a bit slack before I lower back seats again :lol:
DaiRees
Site Admin

Post by DaiRees »

I love a happy ending :)
Playtime_Fontayne wrote:"Dai Rees Supplier of Fine Automobilia. Established 2007"
Ady1985
2.2 16v

Post by Ady1985 »

So do I lol
benczuk
3.0 24v

Post by benczuk »

just make sure that the plastic rivet in the belt has not passed through the plastic surround at the top of the seat before you lower it and you will be fine
2002 HDi 2.2 GTX Estate de-fapped
D4B
2.0 16v

Post by D4B »

As a new owner of a 406 this week, I have just had this happen to me too..... fixed it by unbolting the belt from
it's lower mount.... I was also advised by my friendly MOT station that it's best to keep the centre belt plugged in
every time you want to fold the seat down ~ this will prevent it happening again.

Another little trick mastered in the interest of happy 406ing 8)
My other Peugeot was a D4B